"Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ALDS Thread

Brian

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
I agree. After that blooper fell for a 3-run single, I thought the game was OVAH. If the Angels can find a way to beat Lester the molestor tonight... they will win the series.

Lester has been nearly unbeatable at Fenway. The last game he lost there was April 9 against Detroit. Chances of him faltering in the midst of Red Sox nation are very slim.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
i get the whole lackey ace thing, but it seems like they've soured on Jon a bit. Then again, soscia manages with his gut...and it's a biggy.

Well the numbers (4.90 ERA, by far the highest of the Angels' starters and his 7.6 VORP which is just embarrassingly bad) say Jon Garland was their worst starting pitcher this season and you don't normally see a 90 K pitcher start a playoff game for a team that won 100 regular season games. If the Angels bullpen wasn't kind of thin right now they probably would have left Garland off the ALDS roster all together.

If I'm not mistaking, the Red Sox were not able to pull off a win at Tropicana Field in the regular season. Looking at the way things have been going for the likes of the Rays in artificial turf, they have the advantahe going into the ALCS.

Personally, I would like to see the Rays advance. They have proven that just because they are young and inexperienced, they can still go out there and take care of business. Not to mention that the Red Sox have been in this situation way too often in the past few season's and it's time for the torch to be passed down.