Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
I am sadly not even that mad. I knew this team was gonna be a s*** show offensively without CQ. He was the one guy in the lineup that brought a consistent bat to the table. Someone who could hit for average, power, walk and most importantly get the big hit.

Agreed....I'm just happy we made it to the playoffs so the season was a success. If I actually thought this team could win the World Series, I'd be a lot more upset.

Its not the ump...get over it. I think he's been consistent and the pitches by Howell were terrific pitches. Sorry, not blaming blue here.

The total lack of speed, this station to station bulls***, is why we are in this situation. 11 runners on base? That's all about 'waiting around' for the 3 run homer. I HATE that philosophy because it does not work.

Sure, 2005 we had bangers, but we also ran a lot, moved guys over...we manufactured runs and got homers. This team is just station to station crap.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:14 AM)
The word of the off-season needs to be "balance"

I said it earlier...we're missing Quentin, the best overall hitter on the team. I'm 100 pct confident we'll have a 3B not named Uribe/Crede/Fields. This offense will be different next season, and I think it's obvious that you have to get rid of one of Thome/Konerko/Dye.

I'm so tired of this.

What did Kazmir do, walk 5 guys, and we got 2 runs? He had nothing today, just like Shields yesterday, and we have 2 runs. Unbelievable. My high school team could have executed better then this.

How did Ramirez not rip that last pitch? Change-up, high and out, and he hit a weak liner to short. This is ghey.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
So Juan, BA, and OC next inning. No runs in the 8th so I guess we better hope for a good 9th.

We'll have pinch hitters next inning if a righty comes out...expect to see Griffey and Wise...Fields will have to play D at 3rd...if Im madden I keep howell out there and force Ozzie to stick with Uribe, BA and OCab which will be a quick inning.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:14 AM)
Its not the ump...get over it. I think he's been consistent and the pitches by Howell were terrific pitches. Sorry, not blaming blue here.

Then please explain to me the missed pitch to Iwamura? Also, Iwamura is the type of b**** hitter who slaps at it when he has 2 strikes.

Depressing.

Obviously, we know this is a softball team, there's very little depth, it's HR or nothing, and the bullpen is extremely shaky.

Point is, this team has a lot of flaws, but I don't think TB is much better than them. Today, Buerhle makes one bad pitch that turns a 2-1 lead into a probably 3-2 loss.

I knew going in to this series that it's an uphill battle, so I'm trying to be realistic, but this still sucks.