Swish Traded to the Yankees

Steve9347

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 06:55 PM)
AS of now, next year is looking like

C AJ

1b Konerko

2B Getz/NIX

3B Fields/Betemit

SS Missle

Rf Dye

Cf Anderson

Lf Q

DH Thome

Don't call me out on this, because i think we'll get a CF (not TAVERAS!)

But in two years it gets really juicy. We're talking Allen, Beckham, Danks 2, Viciedo, Armstrong and maybe even Shelby on the bench,

i think theres a great chance we still get both an OF and an IF through trades or FA still....one of them for sure..theres no way we go into next year with both anderson and getz/nix in the lineup

i just looked through some betemit metrics defensively...and he has been fairly neutral defensively, specifically at SS (though he was younger, more slender and small sample size for the most part)....he was above average at 1b, but he won't be there more than a handful of times next year

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)

C AJ

1b Konerko

2B Getz/NIX

3B Fields/Betemit

SS Missle

Rf Dye

Cf Anderson

Lf Q

DH Thome

But in two years it gets really juicy. We're talking Allen, Beckham, Danks 2, Viciedo, Armstrong and maybe even Shelby on the bench,

Well, at least on paper, that's a downgrade offensively from Cabrera to Getz/Nix, a probable upgrade from 2 months of a hurting Crede and a long stretch of Uribe to Field/Betermit, maybe a lateral move in CF with the bat given how bad Swisher was, a defensive downgrade at 3b, and a massive defensive upgrade in CF. It's at least close to balancing out.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)

C AJ

1b Konerko

2B Getz/NIX

3B Fields/Betemit

SS Missle

Rf Dye

Cf Anderson

Lf Q

DH Thome

Can't see how this is a better team offensively from last year....probably a tad worse IMO. Guess it all depends what Getz/Nix, Fields/Betemit bring to the table. Can't remember who posted it earlier...but I'm still not 100% comfortable just handing the SS position over to Lexi.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Well, at least on paper, that's a downgrade offensively from Cabrera to Getz/Nix, a probable upgrade from 2 months of a hurting Crede and a long stretch of Uribe to Field/Betermit, maybe a lateral move in CF with the bat given how bad Swisher was, a defensive downgrade at 3b, and a massive defensive upgrade in CF. It's at least close to balancing out.

Yep, assuming the pitching staff is solid we can probably win about 80-82 with the kids we have here.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
Taveras...really? Can I not have the major league equivalent of Jerry Owens

There's a good chance we get him, he's one of Kenny's guys.

I just hope to f***ing God that Kenny doesn't trade Brandon Allen for him. He almost traded Chris Carter for another one of his guys, Akinori Otsuka, last year prior to the Quentin deal. When I read that I almost had a heart attack.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)

I just hope to f***ing God that Kenny doesn't trade Brandon Allen for him. He almost traded Chris Carter for another one of his guys, Akinori Otsuka, last year prior to the Quentin deal. When I read that I almost had a heart attack.

Read it where? How do you know it was real?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
Can't see how this is a better team offensively from last year....probably a tad worse IMO. Guess it all depends what Getz/Nix, Fields/Betemit bring to the table. Can't remember who posted it earlier...but I'm still not 100% comfortable just handing the SS position over to Lexi.

It's probably a low to moderate offensive downgrade...but there's plenty of room for it to turn in to an upgrade, and all that needs to happen is for Konerko and God to stay healthy or Anderson/Getz/Nix/Fields/Betimit to step up a notch or two above last year's numbers, and all of those guys are young enough for that to at least be possible.

I don't get why we even want Tavares. The guy is terrible.

Then again, there aren't very many options. What would KC want for DeJesus? What would PIT want for McClouth? (however, I don't think KC will be trading one of their fan favorites period, yet alone to a team inside the division)

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)

I trust KW, but that would be put in serious jeopardy if he gives anything of value up for Taveras

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
I trust KW, but that would be put in serious jeopardy if he gives anything of value up for Taveras

Same here. I'd deal Broadway, McCulloch, all that garbage for him as a rebound candidate, but nothing good. If we do get Taveras I want it to be under the pretext that he has to compete with Anderson for a job in ST. If the Rockies even mention Shelby I want Kenny to slam down the phone in a fit of rage.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:53 PM)
How was Betemit's defense when he did play SS?

I seem to recall it was pretty mediocre, and then he got bigger.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
It is possible that teams knew Garland really wasn't that good. He took what he could get for Garland, and the deal still made sense. OC works because he was the bridge to get Alexei to short (which should happen IMO).

OC was brought in to be the shortstop for the White Sox for the next 4 years, and then it turned sour very quickly. The Sox were lucky that Alexei looks to be a damn good player.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
Taveras...really? Can I not have the major league equivalent of Jerry Owens

Oxymoron.

Taveras is also a better all-around player than Owens is. He's been an OK player in the past, plays good defense in CF, and has a good arm. It's merely a matter of hoping that, if he is brought in, that he can hit .300 and draw a walk, which is what I find to be highly unlikely.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
It's probably a low to moderate offensive downgrade...but there's plenty of room for it to turn in to an upgrade, and all that needs to happen is for Konerko and God to stay healthy or Anderson/Getz/Nix/Fields/Betimit to step up a notch or two above last year's numbers, and all of those guys are young enough for that to at least be possible.

For Paulie not only stay healthy...but be better than pathetic until October (if he's not dealt). Lot's of upside I guess...and I still think Kenny's building more towards 2010. That's why there may not be any big deals (BIG back to us anyway)...no Roberts-type deals.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
For Paulie not only stay healthy...but be better than pathetic until October (if he's not dealt). Lot's of upside I guess...and I still think Kenny's building more towards 2010. That's why there may not be any big deals (BIG back to us anyway)...no Roberts-type deals.

I think we'll get a 4th Of with pop. A Randy Winn type, i really don't think we'd leave D-Wheezey and Owens as our fallback if BA craps the bed again.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 13, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)

Yeah, I agree. I don't really think he's trying for 2009 all that much. He's basically rebuilding(retooling as he says) for 2010, so he won't have to keep getting rid of players like he has been since he took over. I mean, maybe things would be better if our players were able to gain familiarity with one another.

Regardless, I think instead of modeling after the Braves, he's slightly adjusting his philosophy to model the Sox after Tampa Bay. Rebuild that farm system, and have young players everywhere who are good.