My Nominee for the 2009 Death List

G&T

Drew Peterson says he's engaged to a 23-year-old woman

Wife Stacy was same age when she disappeared

December 18, 2008

Drew Peterson's latest fiance is said to be 23 years old.

Nothing gets people talking like an engagement announcement, but news that Drew Peterson had popped the question to a 23-year-old woman sparked a range of reactions Wednesday, from disbelief to revulsion.

After all, he's married. And, he's the suspect in his wife's disappearance.

Indeed, the Chicago media scrambled when Peterson's publicist issued a statement confirming the 54-year-old former Bolingbrook police sergeant is now engaged.

Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, was 23 when she vanished in October 2007. The death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in a dry bathtub, has since been reclassified a homicide. Peterson hasn't been charged in either case.

Still, he didn't strike some people as marriage material. Pam Bosco, spokeswoman for Stacy's family, could barely contain her disgust.

"We're just playing into his publicity stunt," she said. "We know nothing about this woman, we don't know if she exists. ... If it was from something very private and special, it would have been kept that way."

Peterson declined to reveal who his latest lady love is, protesting that their privacy would be jeopardized.

He insisted he was tired of media attention and that reporters would not be invited to the wedding.

"So they can ruin that too?" he scoffed. "Oh, boy. This is nothing that I want."

But, he noted, letting in the media could offer a few perks.

"I could probably get free photographers and two dozen videographers," he said with a laugh.

Trib

This article doesn't have her name, but the Today show said her dad is doing everything possibly to stop the marriage.

Let's be honest with ourselves -- this guy is awesome with women. Even before Stacy Peterson's disappearance made the news he had already been married three times. And from I've seen/heard, especially with Stacy, these women aren't exactly ugly or crazy. This new one probably is, though.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 07:44 AM)
Let's be honest with ourselves -- this guy is awesome with women. Even before Stacy Peterson's disappearance made the news he had already been married three times. And from I've seen/heard, especially with Stacy, these women aren't exactly ugly or crazy. This new one probably is, though.

A girl who gets sucked in by a guy like this is most likely crazy. Those are the kind of girls a sociopath like this pray on.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 08:18 AM)
A girl who gets sucked in by a guy like this is most likely crazy. Those are the kind of girls a sociopath like this prey on.

Actually he is kind of the exception. Often times the victims have a deviant lifestyle that makes them vulnerable. (Prostitutes come to mind) Or they are just random strangers. Guys like Donalds Gaskins, who killed over 100 people in South Carolina was married 6 times, but never killed a wife. Nieces, friends, business partners, all were murdered, but never a wife.

With this young woman, victimologists would probably point to her having some attachment disorders or perhaps a "Nightingale" complex. Either way her dad must be dying thinking about this marriage.

or if you want to think the other way...she'll be the safest woman in Bolingbrook. Petersen has got to know that if anything happens to her (even if he didn't do it) that he will be the main suspect. He will do all he can to keep her around.

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
or if you want to think the other way...she'll be the safest woman in Bolingbrook. Petersen has got to know that if anything happens to her (even if he didn't do it) that he will be the main suspect. He will do all he can to keep her around.

I dont know about that, I think Drew thinks he is bulletproof at this point. If he got away with Savio, and up till now got away with Stacy, whats gonna stop him? The guy is cool as a cucumber, he hasnt cracked yet

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)

I wouldn't take that chance.

Many seriel rapists and murders are above average intelligence. They are meticulous planners and very personable. All those tools go into not getting caught. We know of his missing wives, I'd bet there are some bodies that are also his, but unknown.

As much as women (understandably and accurately I might add) make fun of men for being stupid, their gender has some complete idiots as well. Good to see in that link she is denying this story, but if she is dumb enough to marry this guy after what we know now, it will be hard to have sympathy for her if something happens.