Someone at ESPN must be smoking crack

sin city sox fan

QUOTE (philadelphia sox fan @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
Eh, I wouldn't read too much into this. It could possibly be a simple error and those things happen all the time, especially on espn.com

No more worse than some of the dribble I've read from a collective wishful posters on here... in other words, some assume that we would be able to unload our "garbage" and receive "cream of the crop" players in return.

besides, ESPN is so EAST coast biased that their "logic" never ceases to amaze me! In fact, if they had their twisted way, I'm sure they write a story about how wonderful it would have been had the Packers beat us tonight and faced Favre in the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
No more worse than some of the dribble I've read from a collective wishful posters on here... in other words, some assume that we would be able to unload our "garbage" and receive "cream of the crop" players in return.

besides, ESPN is so EAST coast biased that their "logic" never ceases to amaze me! In fact, if they had their twisted way, I'm sure they write a story about how wonderful it would have been had the Packers beat us tonight and faced Favre in the Super Bowl.

We're not Cubs fans.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 06:39 PM)
I agree. Let's drop this line please. Getting abck to ESPN look at the fact they have Josh Fields in LF? Is this a 2007 line up or something?

I think they're just throwing names out there, nobody knows. It's just laziness really.

On paper this team is projected to lose 100 games, honestly. I think everyone can agree that if the Sox make no more moves, then that'll probably happen. I still believe that there are some bargains on the free agent market the Sox could get. Wily Taveras is still one guy that'll help this team as a role player. I now have this feeling that Konerko may go to the Angels. They have wanted him since 2005.. It's all kind of weird the Angels pulled out and maybe have something up their sleeves for Konerko. Figgins or Kendrick would be a great addition! Yes that leaves a whole at first, but I'd rather add a couple proven young guys than unproven. Salary they still are cheap...We could always go with Dye or Fields at first. Didn't Josh play a little first back in the day or am I losing my mind?

This team has to do something because that depth chart looks like poop. I mean seriously KC looks better than us right now.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
I'd rather have the outfield they listed there than one that would include Speedy Owens.

As the lineup is currently constructed the lineup would almost certainly be Quentin-Owens-Dye despite the adamant protests of Soxtalk.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 22, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
As the lineup is currently constructed the lineup would almost certainly be Quentin-Owens-Dye despite the adamant protests of Soxtalk.

Man, I really hope we get a lead off hitter, I don't think I could stand any more of Jerry Owens(is there anyone with an uglier swing?).