Stadium Tour

daa84

A thread is PHT got me thinking about which MLB stadiums you've been to, and what did you think of them?

I've been to....(in order of which I liked most)

PNC - Saw two games. absolutely amazing experience. Did the stadium tour, sat in club section along 1st base line (best seats - get the view and the special food in the concourse). its not just the bridge and the Pitt skyline though, the statue's to Clemente, Stargell, Wagner are awesome, the Negro League museum, and just the entire stadium....aesthetically pleasing. Everything was thought out extremely well in this stadium. Good food too

Fenway - Been to 4 games. Definitely has the mystique about it. The Monster, the passion of the fans, the sweet caroline, its all pretty neat. The concourse is miniature and tough to get around, and you cant walk all the way around due to the monster...but the area around the stadium is just as cool..Lansdowne, Yawkey way, Cask N Flagn

Comerica - Pleasantly surprised by it. Thought it was definitely a cool place to see a game. Great feel to it. Felt small even though it was huge. Great Concourse, good food. Cool museum area with statues to Tigers greats. If you can tolerate being in the city of Detroit for 3 hours, the Comerica is the place to do it.

Great American - Had high hopes and was disappointed. thought most of the stadium looked like the Cell pre-renovations. OF scoreboard and RF area is kind of cool, but it would have been cooler if it was 100 feet closer to the river. Food was ok..Skyline chili is gross though.

Progressive - meh. Not much to say about. Plus I was hammered. Looks better from outside than inside. Was empty when I was there...food stunk. For whatever reason didn't have that "it" quality i thought it would have when I used to see Jacobs on TV.

Not sure where Id rank US Cellular since I'm biased. Things I love about the Cell though - great concourse, great food, fan deck, patio/bullpen sports bar.

Went to yankee stadium to try to scalp tickets, but scalpers wanted 100 for bleacher seats (where you can't drink) so we watched from a bar across the street, but from the exterior it was definitely awesome. Wish I would have gone now that its closed.

Never been to Wrigley, probably never will.

This summer I plan on getting to new Busch, Turner, Miller park, maybe Metrodome,

The Cell

Wrigley Field

Fenway Park

Yankee Stadium

PNC Park

Great American Ballpark

Jacobs/Progressive Field

Camden Yards

Miller Park

Citizen's Bank

Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha

My favorites have to be Camden, Fenway, and PNC. The College World Series is a blast too. I definitely want to head back for another.

Edited by BaseballNick

The Cell

Comerica

Olympic Stadium

Wrigley

Comerica was okay, pretty good viewing angles, like daa said, feels small even though it is huge. Food is not very good (atleast what I had) and the side attractions are way too ridiculous (they have a carousel and a merry-go-round). Fans there are incredibly stupid (sorry, it really has affected my view on the stadium).

Olympic Stadium was empty (of course). They had about 5,000 people at the game, but tickets were dirt cheap. We got VIP seats behind the third base dugout for $20 each. Food wasnt good, place wasnt very clean (and the seats were multicolored, a look that screams cheapass/dirty to me). Was kinda cool to be there. (We only went there because I was with a friend's family in New York for vacation and the Red Sox and Yankees were sold out and we really wanted to go to a ballgame, plus they were playing the Rockies so we had some guys who we could try to autographs from like Walker, Castillo, and of course Vlad was on the Expos.)

The Cell

Wrigley

Old and new stadiums in Milwaukee

Old and new stadiums in Cincinnati

Old and new stadiums in St. Louis

Metrodome

Jacobs Field

Kaufman Stadium

Minute Maid Park

Ballpark in Arlington

Tropicana Field

Dolphins Stadium

Turner Field

RFK Stadium

Citizens Bank Park

PNC Park

Old Yankee Stadium

Rogers Centre

Fenway Park

Bank One Ballpark

Comerica Park

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Old Comiskey, The Cell and Wrigley of course. Funny thing about Wrigley, the last time I was at a Cubs game it was the first year of interleague play and they were playing the Royals. We heckled the s*** out of Jermaine Dye, hehe.

Caught a Sox game in Detroit a few years back, absolutely loved Comerica. I was expecting a s***hole but it's a really really nice park. Detroit is goofy, the hole place is a damn toilet except for the block where Comerica Park and Ford Field are. And while a lot of people b**** about Tigers fans being jerks, they were very cool. Of course, it was at the height of their horrendous years so they really didn't care about the team anyways.

Been to Miller a few times too. It's pretty nice, although you kind of get that mall feeling while you're walking through. I got tickets to the Sox game in June so that should be a blast. Never seen the Sox there. Saw them play the Twins at the height of the "Twins are folding/moving" situation. The place was absolutely PACKED with Twins fans. They did nothing but boo and chant bad stuff on Selig. Found it pretty ironic that the Twins fans were heckling Selig while lining his daughter's/his pockets by going there.

My parents told me I went with them to a Sox game at County Stadium but I was like 4 or 5 years old so I can't really say anything about it.

The wife and I are gonna go on a bit of an east coast road trip this summer and I'm gonna try and best to talk her into letting us hit up Citizens Bank and maybe Fenway if we go that far.

Edited by bschmaranz

Old Comiskey

US Cellular Field

Cinergy Field - s*** hole, drunk guy tumbled down the steps in the upper deck and nearly fell over the railing to his death

Jacobs Field - sat in the upperdeck which is just as steep as the Cell's used to be. Very good looking stadium.

Coors Field - final score was like 18 to 10, Darryl Kile's final start as with the Rockies, gave up 7 runs over 3 IP

Comerica Park - big, beautiful ballpark, $20 parking 30 feet from the front entrance back then which is a good thing in Detroit

Kaufman Stadium - beautiful ballpark, about 27 people there to see them play the Tigers.

Miller Park - Definitely a favorite, been to maybe 20 games up there including a few walkoffs and a game that ended with Geoff Jenkins getting thrown out at 3rd on a ball hit into the left field corner.

HHH Metrodome - ick

PNC Park - best ballpark I've been to, I can't imagine another stadium being more beautiful

Old Busch Stadium - 130 degrees, if it weren't for the lemonade I would have melted. Got to see Eric Gagne in his prime steroid years, stood over him while he warmed up.

Skydome - CRAMPED, the seats are like a foot wide. Tim Wakefield didn't throw a ball over 65 MPH that day, game culminated with an Eric Hinske walkoff

Tuscon Electric Park - some of the most fun I've ever had watching baseball

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
Caught a Sox game in Detroit a few years back, absolutely loved Comerica. I was expecting a s***hole but it's a really really nice park. Detroit is goofy, the hole place is a damn toilet except for the block where Comerica Park and Ford Field are. And while a lot of people b**** about Tigers fans being jerks, they were very cool. Of course, it was at the height of their horrendous years so they really didn't care about the team anyways.

Trust me, Ive gone when they were actually good and attendance shot up. The fans there are just complete dumbasses. Every single popup the whole stadium rose thinking it was a homerun. Then when the ball came down in the infield they were greatly disappointed.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Comerica Park - big, beautiful ballpark, $20 parking 30 feet from the front entrance back then which is a good thing in Detroit

For bolded parts: That is definitely true. My girlfriend's grandparents live in a "upscale" condo complex right on the river, and is really close to Ford Field, Comerica, etc, and the blocks surrounding those places are like a nice city, but go one more block and you know youre in Detroit.

Old Comiskey---Probably the best trip I've been on. I actually got to plan the family vacation before the baseball season started because I saw the schedule and noticed that the Sox was playing a series on my birthday against the A's who my uncle played. Got to stay in the same hotel as the A's and my uncle got the family tickets for 2 games. While I'm a Sox fan, I had to go side with family on that one. Sorry haha.

Jacobs Field---Probably my favorite place I've been to. Saw the Twins lose to the Tribe so I was happy. Liked the design and how it was in the middle of down town.

Great American----Went to see the Giants play there the first year it was open. I liked the river setting. It was very clean but nothing great.

Turner Field----nice place. Sat in the very last row in the upper deck behind home plate which was actually awesome because the wind made it feel like it was 70 degrees when it was July.

Tropicana---I love that place. Indoors in Florida during the summer is perfect. Plus its usually empty so I can stretch out.

Dolphin Stadium---Sat in the family section the first time and it was fun. Went again in 2001 and the place sucked.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
For bolded parts: That is definitely true. My girlfriend's grandparents live in a "upscale" condo complex right on the river, and is really close to Ford Field, Comerica, etc, and the blocks surrounding those places are like a nice city, but go one more block and you know youre in Detroit.

What's the deal with the sewer caps and the steam?

I've been to

US Cellular

Wrigley

Metrodome

Jacobs Field

Comerica- probably my favorite

Rogers Centre (skydome)

Kauffman

Old Busch

Fenway

Camden Yards- This could also be my favorite.

Miller Park

Going to Cincy this summer! Really excited for that one.

Edited by kjshoe04

U.S. Cellular Field - Been there plenty of times. Best moment at a game was probably witnessing Thome's 2000th hit.

Wrigley Field - Not much I like about the stadium at all to be honest.

Great American Ballpark in it's inaugural season. Saw the Reds take on the Mets and we were in the right-center field bleachers. Very nice ballpark, very open concourse, and super clean. I like how it's right on the river. Offers some great views of the city.

I'll be going to Miller Park and Comerica Park this summer though.

The Cell

Wrigley - twice last year. Once against the Orioles in normal seats. Another time against the reds in the bleachers. I should have caught a Brandon Phillips HR ball, but went off my hand. Oh, and the best part is these were the Cubs 2 worst home losses of the season. Win win baby

Miller Park- about 6 times over the past 4 years. I witnessed A-Rod's 400th home run, and not gonna lie that was pretty cool.

Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile, Alabama for a BayBears game.

I'm hoping to see a game in new Busch stadium since ill be down here in C'dale the next 4 years.