Out of Town Scoreboard

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
I hope it's like the scoreboard at the new Nationals park. That thing has everything. Lineups, Average, Descriptions it's like a gigantic profile page for the team.

Is theirs built into the wall of is it seperate like USCF?? I wonder if they took down those old boards and put up an info board like they did in LF and like Baltimore has

This is from the Tribune online:

GLENDALE, Ariz - The White Sox have replaced the U.S. Cellular Field out-of-town scoreboard with a more modern LED version that will be ready for the 2009 season.

The new board will feature up-to-the-minute updates on each game, complete with a diamond listing runners on base and the current batter and pitcher.

The scoreboard is similar to what's used at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.

Finally...ive been asking, waiting, and yearning for a real scoreboard for some time now. I really like the one they put in Cleveland and Toronto a few years ago and was hoping the sox would make this minor but impactful change.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 12:44 AM)
Finally...ive been asking, waiting, and yearning for a real scoreboard for some time now. I really like the one they put in Cleveland and Toronto a few years ago and was hoping the sox would make this minor but impactful change.

Im not a fan of the scoreboard built into the wall

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
Yes its the 5 story Royals Vision HD Scoreboard...ITS MASSIVE!!!

It is really, really cool. I'm curious how the renovations at Kauffman will turn out. It was a pretty mediocre/poor ballpark.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
Yes its the 5 story Royals Vision HD Scoreboard...ITS MASSIVE!!!

It has to be that big and detailed since the people in the stadium care more about the out of town games then the game on the field! zing!