ST: 3/06 White Sox vs. Australia

flavum

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Omogrosso was primarily a reliever in college and the Sox used him in the rotation to try and have him make progress on his secondary stuff. I think we'll see him settle back into a pen role and eventually make the Sox pen. I mentioned it before, but they think pretty highly of him. Mechanically he looks pretty sound and he definately has some nice pop on the FB.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
The only leadoff type player who's FA eligible in '10 is Chone figgins.

* denotes a 2010 option

First Basemen

Carlos Delgado NYM

Ross Gload * KC

Aubrey Huff BAL

Nick Johnson WAS

Adam LaRoche PIT

Robb Quinlan LAA

Matt Stairs PHI

Second Basemen

Marlon Anderson NYM

Ron Belliard WAS

Jamey Carroll CLE

Mark DeRosa CHC

Omar Infante ATL

Placido Polanco DET

Freddy Sanchez * PIT

Shortstops

Bobby Crosby OAK

Alex Gonzalez * CIN

Khalil Greene STL

John McDonald TOR

Marco Scutaro TOR

Miguel Tejada HOU

Jack Wilson * PIT

Third Basemen

Adrian Beltre SEA

Hank Blalock TEX

Geoff Blum HOU

Pedro Feliz * PHI

Chone Figgins LAA

Chipper Jones ATL

Mike Lamb MIL

Melvin Mora * BAL

Chad Tracy ARZ

Catchers

Josh Bard BOS

Henry Blanco SD

Ramon Castro NYM

Ramon Hernandez * CIN

Jason Kendall MIL

Victor Martinez * CLE

Benji Molina SF

Jose Molina NYY

Miguel Olivo * KC

Mike Redmond MIN

Brian Schneider NYM

Yorvit Torrealba * COL

Outfielders

Rick Ankiel STL

Jason Bay BOS

Marlon Byrd TEX

Frank Catalanotto TEX

Endy Chavez SEA

Coco Crisp * KC

Carl Crawford * TB

Johnny Damon NYY

David Dellucci CLE

Jermaine Dye * CWS

Ryan Freel BAL

Brian Giles SD

Vladimir Guerrero LAA

Matt Holliday OAK

Geoff Jenkins * PHI

Reed Johnson CHC

Andruw Jones TEX

Austin Kearns * WAS

Hideki Matusi NYY

Jason Michaels CLE

Xavier Nady NYY

Magglio Ordonez * DET

Dave Roberts SF

Gary Sheffield DET

Randy Winn SF

That is a pretty weak FA class no matter what kind of player you need.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
Omogrosso was primarily a reliever in college and the Sox used him in the rotation to try and have him make progress on his secondary stuff. I think we'll see him settle back into a pen role and eventually make the Sox pen. I mentioned it before, but they think pretty highly of him. Mechanically he looks pretty sound and he definately has some nice pop on the FB.

He really looks like Liney out there. I dont know about his stuff, but he's deceptive and has good pop.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
unless for some dumb reason crawfords option is not picked up

I know he'll be 39 years old but Brian Giles would actually be a good top of the lineup hitter. Walks a ton, doesn't strikeout at all and hits a ton of doubles. There's a reason why Epstein/James tried to get him last August.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
He really looks like Liney out there. I dont know about his stuff, but he's deceptive and has good pop.

This is off my memory, which isn't as good as it once was thanks to work forcing other s*** into my head, but I believe he was touted as having a pretty good slider to go with that fastball. I haven't seen it today though.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
I know he'll be 39 years old but Brian Giles would actually be a good top of the lineup hitter. Walks a ton, doesn't strikeout at all and hits a ton of doubles. There's a reason why Epstein/James tried to get him last August.

I remember reading somewhere that he was the highest value player for what he was paid last year. (Maybe the year before) I will have to see if I can find that.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)

.891 OPS away from Petco last year

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
I remember reading somewhere that he was the highest value player for what he was paid last year. (Maybe the year before) I will have to see if I can find that.

He was valued at $20.6M, he was paid $9.7M.

McCulloch's motion is a lot like Brandon McCarthy's. Not very smooth or fluid.

He obviously can't throw 93-94 like Brandon, but that last strikeout looked McCarthyesque. I was more impressed than I expected to be.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
I thought pakistan was pretty good too. So that is probably why baseball isnt big down under?

Australia had a national league about 10 years ago, and it went bust, mainly due to Cricket.

Australia's been the best at Cricket for the last 10 years, now I would probably say countries like India and South Africa would be up there.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
Australia had a national league about 10 years ago, and it went bust, mainly due to Cricket.

Australia's been the best at Cricket for the last 10 years, now I would probably say countries like India and South Africa would be up there.

Do you find it strange that people in the States have no idea about that sport whatsoever?