White Sox @ Diamondbacks, 3/17/09

Balta1701

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
don't get me wrong, I don't think Richard is bad at all, I think he can be an effective SP in the league, I'm just not ready to rag on MBs contract just yet

I wasn't commenting on the Buehrle thing, I was just posting the Gameday link. The quote was accidental. My bad.

Richard's pitch count is ridiculous! Az has pretty much made an out or gotten a hit on the first pitch EVERY TIME.

Edit: Is gameday wrong? It says Haren has 26 pitches through 5 and ALL of them are strikes.

Edited by Cowch

QUOTE (Cowch @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
Richard's pitch count is ridiculous! Az has pretty much made an out or gotten a hit on the first pitch EVERY TIME.

Edit: Is gameday wrong? It says Haren has 26 pitches through 5 and ALL of them are strikes.

I don't think they are keeping track of balls and strikes...or at least it doesn't appear to be.

Trib's Gonzalez:

TUCSON, Ariz. - White Sox second baseman Jayson Nix was pulled in the top of the fifth inning after ripping a double off the center field wall.

Nix apparently aggravated a right quadriceps strain that sidelined him earlier this spring. Nix was noticably limping as he rounded first base. He was replaced by Eider Torres.

Another note from Gonzalez...

TUCSON, Ariz. - Manager Ozzie Guillen revealed that 19-year-old Cuban infielder Dayan Viciedo has shin splints that has affected his running.

Viciedo, however, is in the White Sox's lineup Tuesday against Arizona. Viciedo showed his bat is fine by ripping a double three-fourths of the way off the 30-foot wall in center field off All-Star pitcher Dan Haren in the second inning.

Viciedo, however, was easily thrown out trying to run to third after Chad Tracy threw to first to retire Brian Anderson.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
Trib's Gonzalez:

TUCSON, Ariz. - White Sox second baseman Jayson Nix was pulled in the top of the fifth inning after ripping a double off the center field wall.

Nix apparently aggravated a right quadriceps strain that sidelined him earlier this spring. Nix was noticably limping as he rounded first base. He was replaced by Eider Torres.

That's a competition you don't want to lose ABs in

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
It's too bad that Nix doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy, he seems to be doing well otherwise. Also, I think one of either Richard/Marquez is a lock for the rotation.

it will probably depend on how their early season schedule breaks out regarding needing a 5th starter. If they need a 5th starter early on I can see both making it since The Count might need an extra few weeks to stretch out

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
Another note from Gonzalez...

TUCSON, Ariz. - Manager Ozzie Guillen revealed that 19-year-old Cuban infielder Dayan Viciedo has shin splints that has affected his running.

Viciedo, however, is in the White Sox's lineup Tuesday against Arizona. Viciedo showed his bat is fine by ripping a double three-fourths of the way off the 30-foot wall in center field off All-Star pitcher Dan Haren in the second inning.

Viciedo, however, was easily thrown out trying to run to third after Chad Tracy threw to first to retire Brian Anderson.

He didn't get the memo that Viciedo is 20.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
it will probably depend on how their early season schedule breaks out regarding needing a 5th starter. If they need a 5th starter early on I can see both making it since The Count might need an extra few weeks to stretch out

I'm guessing that both Richard and Marquez come north with the team... and that both get a couple of starts in April.

I think they'll leave Colon in extended spring training until the weather in Chicago warms up a little.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)

The Sox have 1 offday in the first 2 weeks. The first time they need a 5th starter is April 15th @ Detroit.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
I believe there's another rounds of cuts coming up by the end of this week, should be interesting to see who goes.

I'll guess around 10 get cut: Von Benschoten, Link,Flowers, German, Santeliz, Torres, Restovich, Broussard, Castillo. Ryan Braun if he's there . He was invited but can't recall seeing him in any games.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
I'm guessing that both Richard and Marquez come north with the team... and that both get a couple of starts in April.

I think they'll leave Colon in extended spring training until the weather in Chicago warms up a little.

I'd agree on Richard. Marquez still throws a lot of flyballs for a sinkerballer. I do think he'll be around until the final cut at least since he was a key piece in the Swisher trade. I think if Marquez makes it then Carrasco won't.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside