3/27/09 Sox @ Cubs, 3:05 WGN/WSCR

Kalapse

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Its not dead arm, its way too early. He's probably just having a s***ty game, unless he's hurt. Richard was inconsistent last season too, from outing to outing. He's still adjusting. I hope he stays in the pen until he can consistently keep pitches down, and consistently deliver his breakers without hanging them.

how about leaving him in aaa?lol

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Its not dead arm, its way too early. He's probably just having a s***ty game, unless he's hurt. Richard was inconsistent last season too, from outing to outing. He's still adjusting. I hope he stays in the pen until he can consistently keep pitches down, and consistently deliver his breakers without hanging them.

its not at all too early for dead arm...this is the exact typical time pitchers go through a dead arm period, a week or two before the start of the season....though i think you are right in saying thats not the problem...clayton just didnt locate, and when he does that hes gonna get rocked

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Crede would have hit a double.

The funny thing about all this Fields/Crede stuff I apparently started is that I never mentioned Crede, nor am I any big supporter of his having been retained. It was his time to go.

My main point was just that a 3b with quicker instincts gets to that, Fields has a ways to go.

No mention of Crede in my post.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
Milton Bradley broke straight back on that weak lineout by Owens. Who the hell breaks back on a ball off the bat of Jerry Owens?

Quote of the month.

this team is going to be the worst fielding sox team that i can recall i think...

just my personal opinion, but i think alexei is going to be a disaster at SS...he doesnt look fluid at all

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
this team is going to be the worst fielding sox team that i can recall i think...

just my personal opinion, but i think alexei is going to be a disaster at SS...he doesnt look fluid at all

He's GG calibur. KW would not lie.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
He's GG calibur. KW would not lie.

There are an awful lot of reputations riding on this one. I'm sure any problems he has at the position will be shrugged off as growing pains.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Nice to see guys like me that only see WGN turning it off by the 3rd inning! :gosoxretro:

It's surprising to read those comments. You watch these games not to see a victory but to see how the guys are progressing individually. At least thats what i do.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
santo said its the best cubs team hes seen in the last 20 yrs lol and they say hawk is a homer. im sure santo said the same last year and the yr befor lol

well he's not exactly wrong...though i think last years team may have been a bit better

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
well he's not exactly wrong...though i think last years team may have been a bit better

i think they were better last year. u cant say they upgraded with bradley bcuz they lost derosa who is more durable and was great for them last year,as was kerry wood. and i dont think dempster will be anywhere near as good. oh and they actually managed to keep rich harden healthy last year,we'll c if that lasts.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
santo said its the best cubs team hes seen in the last 20 yrs lol and they say hawk is a homer. im sure santo said the same last year and the yr befor lol

The military should blast Santo on the loudspeakers mumbling and rambling like an old crazy about his cubs at the Gitmo facility. 10 minutes of that and Bin Ladens address would of been ours. Then again, if waterboarding is against the code, mindboarding might be as well.

Edited by southsideirish71