AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

lostfan

H. Christ.

If we can win some games like this, then we're in decent shape, because the offense is going to carry us to a number of games eventually.

Thanks to:

John Danks

Octavio Dotel

Matt Thornton

Bobby Jenks, I think.

Dye

Fields

Getz

Anderson

Thome, kinda, for taking a walk, but not for anything else.

14 hits and only 3 runs. That's kind of impressive.

Looks like Danks had another good start, and it's nice to see Fields/AJ/Getz/Dye all have good days with the bats. Bobby really needs to settle down though.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
14 hits and only 3 runs. That's kind of impressive.

The good news?

Our team batting average just jumped up a lot.

And our leadoff hitter went 2/5. I think that doubles the number of hits we've had out of the leadoff spot this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
The good news?

And our leadoff hitter went 2/5. I think that doubles the number of hits we've had out of the leadoff spot this year.

4/35 on the season now...something like that.

We can think Ozzie for one of those four hits.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
The good news?

Between giving the Tigers double figures in walks on Monday and then having 14 hits, 1/11 with RISP and a "bad luck" bounce in the 9th inning go against us (not to mention Gross won a game in extras last year the Sox, I think Linebrink was pitching)...we can thank our lucky stars we're 2-1 on this road trip so far.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
He made one bad pitch, and that was hit hard by Bartlett. He needs to trust his hammer more with 2 strikes, as that needs to be his money maker.

The bad hop shows why strikeouts are nice in close games. It must have been adrenaline on opening day because he was hitting 96 consistently. He hasn't looked all that sharp since.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 03:53 AM)
The bad hop shows why strikeouts are nice in close games. It must have been adrenaline on opening day because he was hitting 96 consistently. He hasn't looked all that sharp since.

If the pitch he threw to Bartlett was a fastball, then it's cause for concern. Honestly, there was a loop on the pitch. I think he was more of a get-me-over slider.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
He made one bad pitch, and that was hit hard by Bartlett. He needs to trust his hammer more with 2 strikes, as that needs to be his money maker.

Agreed. It seems like he isn't throwing the hammer at all, that's what keeps batters off-balance, and it's virtually unhittable when he's ahead in the count.

Nice to have Longoria absent though you hate to wish a death in the family on anybody.

Nice to see Danks continue to excel.

Nice to see Dye continue to excel and tie Ron Kittle for ninth on the team's all time HR list.

Now it's Colon v. Shields in Game Two.

Getz has got me worried if hes gonna lead off, hes really got to work on his pitch selection. I think once that kid starts swingin at strikes more he's going to be great. And big ups to josh fields with the hitting and the speed, keep it up.