Bulls To Let Ben Gordon Go?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 02:09 AM)
And let's just pretend that Kevin Garnett guy being out is no real factor.

Never heard of him.

I thought Mikki Moore/Kendrick Perkins/Brian Scalabrine and Glen Davis were their normal frontcourt rotation.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really ready for Ben to go after last night. His shot selection was trash (even moreso than usual), and I'm still not sure why Vinny puts the ball in his hands and the end of regulation as much s he struggled. Give Derrick the rock and get something going to the basket.

QUOTE (Ron @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
I'm really ready for Ben to go after last night. His shot selection was trash (even moreso than usual), and I'm still not sure why Vinny puts the ball in his hands and the end of regulation as much s he struggled. Give Derrick the rock and get something going to the basket.

Ben was actually contributing in other ways with assists and playing good defense on Ray. His shooting sucked last night, but I'm glad his free throw shooting returned. The reason why Rose didn't get the ball is because he's a huge reason why we blew an 11 point lead by blowing layups and tossing turnover after turnover.

In the past 3 games, Derrick has 20 turnovers. Even as a rookie, that's inexcusable.

Out of guys in the rotation, here are the playoff PERS

Gordon - 21.9

Derrick - 21.7

Noah - 16.6

Tyrus - 16.5

Kirk - 9.0

Salmons - 7.5

Miller - 7.2

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
That stat is VERY misleading , considering 1 game was a complete blowout and the rest were nail biters.

Even so, it starts to separate out some of the player performances on defense. Statistically there is very little defensive difference is Rose and Gordon, which is surprising, at least to me. Salmons and Noah have been awful.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
Even so, it starts to separate out some of the player performances on defense. Statistically there is very little defensive difference is Rose and Gordon, which is surprising, at least to me. Salmons and Noah have been awful.

It also looks like those #'s don't include game 5 yet.

Looking through the 5 man +/- numbers, it's also noteworthy that our official starting lineup, or our starting lineup with Gordon replaced by Kirk, are 2 of our worst lineups. This sort of suggests that we're really making a dent when we go up against their bench, and their starters are putting a dent in us to open the game. Game 3 of course made that worse by them running up the score early.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)

That would be dependent on who you are guarding. The person guarding Kobe or Lebron would be awful too, that has little reflection of their Dfense.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
That would be dependent on who you are guarding. The person guarding Kobe or Lebron would be awful too, that has little reflection of their Dfense.

Glenn Davis has the best +/- for the Celtics over the first 4 games.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)

So who is Noah guarding that should be scoring more on them than say Ray Allen or Paul Pierce? Glenn "Crybaby" Davis or Kendrick Perkins?

That stat is VERY misleading , considering 1 game was a complete blowout and the rest were nail biters.

Hell that stat is very misleading in general even during the season as many here have said in the past. Leave the +/- for hockey.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
So who is Noah guarding that should be scoring more on them than say Ray Allen or Paul Pierce? Glenn "Crybaby" Davis or Kendrick Perkins?

It may be a good analysis on Noah, but then it ignores defensive schemes such as Zone defense, so I can't be too worried about Noah if he has assignments on top of the key.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
It may be a good analysis on Noah, but then it ignores defensive schemes such as Zone defense, so I can't be too worried about Noah if he has assignments on top of the key.

The problem is...I understand Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, or Rajon Rondo putting up solid #'s there, I don't expect Glenn Davis to be non-trivially ahead of all of them. Which means that something really ought to change with what we're doing to him. If we're putting Noah or Tyrus on him and they're not effective then that's a use for Miller. If we're putting Miller on him and that's not effective then use the other guys and have one hang back as a shotblocker. At least try something.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
The problem is...I understand Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, or Rajon Rondo putting up solid #'s there, I don't expect Glenn Davis to be non-trivially ahead of all of them. Which means that something really ought to change with what we're doing to him. If we're putting Noah or Tyrus on him and they're not effective then that's a use for Miller. If we're putting Miller on him and that's not effective then use the other guys and have one hang back as a shotblocker. At least try something.

I would love everything to be perfect, but if less focus on Davis means more focus on Pierce and Allen, then I am all for it.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
there's the BG we know and love. s***ty shake n bake move, chuck up a shot, miss. Woooooo, i love me some BG

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
BG is gonna bend you all over in Game 7. Book it.

He better if the Bulls want to win that game. This silliness tonight, as exciting as it was, ain't gonna cut it in a game 7 road game.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
He better if the Bulls want to win that game. This silliness tonight, as exciting as it was, ain't gonna cut it in a game 7 road game.

The guy who fouled out early in game 5 had fresh legs for game 6 and went off for 51.

BG7 fouled out early in game 6.

QUOTE (Ron @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
But Ray Allen is healthy. Ben's hammy ain't gonna get too much better in one day.

Well healthy, and even at his advance age, also a better player.

*Waits for the torch wielding Ben Gordon mob to tell me why he's better than a future hall of famer*.

Edited by whitesoxfan101