GAME THREAD: 4/29, 1:05pm start, vs SEA

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The game anderson replaced wise he stole two bases. Since he has been caught stealing three times.

That was ramirez's first caught stealing in five attempts, which is encouraging considering how bad he was last year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Why the f*** would we run with 2 outs when Lillibridge is batting? Do we really want him leading off next inning?

It's not like he would've gotten a hit anyway. Might as well get the 3rd out on the bases.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
Why is it that Sox cannot throw anyone out stealing bases, but yet we cannot steal a base! Not a good mix. :gosoxretro:

the answer to your question is 42.....

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
I mean, COME ON! "Aggression" my ass. There's nothing aggressive about letting your players be automatic outs. I really wish this team would just STOP trying to steal.

But they have to show off the massive upgrade in team speed.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
Have the Sox thrown out anyone stealing this year dam!

Why even have a catcher back there? Just have a cushioned wall. The pitcher can walk over to the plate to retrieve the ball after each pitch.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
17 for 17 on opposing stolen bases, according to the PR crew all of them are on the pitchers. AJ lurks like a panther ready to pounce on any baserunners if only he had a chance.

Sad part is everyone knows it!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
17 for 17 on opposing stolen bases, according to the PR crew all of them are on the pitchers. AJ lurks like a panther ready to pounce on any baserunners if only he had a chance.

Corky Miller isn't having much better luck. He had a steal or two against him yesterday with no throw. Its ridiculous the jumps the opposition gets against several of the White Sox pitchers. I understand not letting runners bother you on the mound, but you at least have to look at them once in a while.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
When Floyd and Contreras are pitching, its a miracle if there is even a close play on a steal attempt.

Don't forget Jenks.

Anderson is faster than Beltre, he's out by 10-15 feet on a curveball...and Beltre doesn't even have to slide.

Edited by caulfield12