P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
**cough** torrents **cough**

Ive tried to download torrents before and it never really works out for me lol. I get the files downloaded and it always goes downhill from there. They seem to be a lot more complicated than good ole Napster or Limewire.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
Ive tried to download torrents before and it never really works out for me lol. I get the files downloaded and it always goes downhill from there. They seem to be a lot more complicated than good ole Napster or Limewire.

Oh they are harder for sure. I would say if you want to invest in the actual DVD's and equipment, it will pay off for you in spades anyway with the changes you make to yourself.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
CST worked me over, but I love it. The one armed pushups in the middle continue to be impossible, but everything else is gravy. ARX is getting easier but still sucks.

Yeah, I can't do one-arms either, but the ones on my knees seem pointless. I can't tell if I am picking myself up with my core or pushing myself up with my arm. There really is no good mid-level for that exercise.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)

I had a digital copy given to me by a co-worker, and to be honest, it was perfectly fine for me to use without really any problems or limitations.

However, when I began seeing how effective the program was, I felt I should buy it from beachbody.com and support the creators. I am happy I did.

The equipment, on the other hand, is fair game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Be weary of knockoff discs on the internet as well.

A ton of people that have purchased through Amazon have claimed their discs stop working and they don't receive the exercise manual or the nutrition guide.

I suggest you order directly through beachbody.com

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
I had a digital copy given to me by a co-worker, and to be honest, it was perfectly fine for me to use without really any problems or limitations.

However, when I began seeing how effective the program was, I felt I should buy it from beachbody.com and support the creators. I am happy I did.

The equipment, on the other hand, is fair game.

Another great point, the creators make you change your life for the better, why not support them?

so yeah, it's a recovery week for me, but i missed a Back and Biceps workout in there, so i did it tonight and kicked the s*** out of it - and myself at the same time. my forearms always feel like rocks half way through. and the pullups... just non-existent. but glad i did it instead of just skipping it.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
so yeah, it's a recovery week for me, but i missed a Back and Biceps workout in there, so i did it tonight and kicked the s*** out of it - and myself at the same time. my forearms always feel like rocks half way through. and the pullups... just non-existent. but glad i did it instead of just skipping it.

I did B & B tonight too and loved it...this is by far my favorite workout...and at the end I rocked out like 40 fast pushups and even a couple one-armed pushups...hit some crazy energy boost in the last 10 minutes....

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
So in the middle of jump knee tucks tonight I felt my hamstring pop and it immediately tightened up. I initially thought I tore it, but it's loosened up quite a bit since it happened. Hopefully its just a strain. Def out of commission on plyo and legs for a little while.

That sucks, Rock. I hope you weren't trying to jump around like Frogboy Dominick...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
That sucks, Rock. I hope you weren't trying to jump around like Frogboy Dominick...

Yeah, I was. I wanted to turn it up a notch since I've been doing plyo for so long. Not sure if I didnt stretch correctly or what. It hurts from my hammy down to my heel. I'm still going to do B+B and prob swamp S+A for friday instead of legs and back.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Yeah, I was. I wanted to turn it up a notch since I've been doing plyo for so long. Not sure if I didnt stretch correctly or what. It hurts from my hammy down to my heel. I'm still going to do B+B and prob swamp S+A for friday instead of legs and back.

Yeah, just spend the time getting ripped with B & B and CST and take it easy on that hammy....maybe some light spinning for cardio?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)

i sometimes have an issue with my right ACL, it gets tight really easily, so i have a knee brace i wear sometimes during my plyo/leg workouts that really helps out. might be good to invest in something similar to take some strain off your leg while you're healing. Because even in CST and B+B it's amazing how much your legs can be involved.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
B&B and ARX

How the f*** Tony does a strip set starting with 45 at the end is beyond me. I could barely do 10lbs at the end.

Hah, he is insane. He even is cheating a bit by rocking his body. And you can tell the other guy, Danny or whatever his name is, is just like f' you Tony, you showoff piece of s***.

Had an easy yoga day today. Although I must say that routine does wonders for one's ass.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
B&B and ARX

How the f*** Tony does a strip set starting with 45 at the end is beyond me. I could barely do 10lbs at the end.

to be fair he only does a couple reps of each exercise - but still sick. Bobby in the back is pretty incredible too - considering he DID the whole workout.

I start with 20s and can't even do 8, drop to 15, again can't do 8, then do 10s till i just can't lift 'em anymore - but it's not pretty.

just did X stretch for the first time ever... i mean... cuz it's x stretch. but it was fantastic. just a really pleasant hour stretchin' it all out. and i like being flexible so i'm probably gonna do it more often.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
to be fair he only does a couple reps of each exercise - but still sick. Bobby in the back is pretty incredible too - considering he DID the whole workout.

I start with 20s and can't even do 8, drop to 15, again can't do 8, then do 10s till i just can't lift 'em anymore - but it's not pretty.

just did X stretch for the first time ever... i mean... cuz it's x stretch. but it was fantastic. just a really pleasant hour stretchin' it all out. and i like being flexible so i'm probably gonna do it more often.

I tried to start with the 25's, but couldnt do 8, went to 17.5 did 8, 15 did 8 and then almost died from doing 10.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)
Much better, just a small pull I think, then a cramp right after. Good enough to do Kempo today!

nice!

I did Core Synergistics yesterday and my bro joined in. Now - my brother's always been in better shape and stronger than me. But that's all gone 180 in the last few months. He was expecting to kick the s*** out of it, but he was toast half-way through. And he was even using lower weights than me.

Mission accomplished. :)

wooo boy.

alright starting phase III of round 2, and I just bought m'self some GNC Mass XXX.

Basically 1000 calories at a time in shake-form, including 66 grams of Protein. Basically I figured that since i was having problems reaching 3000 cal. consistently, now if I eat the same as i have been and just do one of these every day, I should gain weight no problem.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
wooo boy.

alright starting phase III of round 2, and I just bought m'self some GNC Mass XXX.

Basically 1000 calories at a time in shake-form, including 66 grams of Protein. Basically I figured that since i was having problems reaching 3000 cal. consistently, now if I eat the same as i have been and just do one of these every day, I should gain weight no problem.

Wow!

Keep us posted, Reddy. That must be one mean shake...;)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
wooo boy.

Holy s***. Is that thing loaded with carbs or something? Thats for people who need mass, and you will get it.

On your other post, Core Syn looks easy at first, until people start doing it, it will kill you. Put your bro into CST and see how he lasts.