P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

three days ago i started p90x with my girl friend; we're doing the lean version. needless to say it has kicked my ass but i love every second of it. in addition to p90x i ride a bike 6 miles a day and have decent three day long distance running regime in place. I'm 6'4 and my weight is 288 pounds, i don't need muscle mass as i've had plenty of it in the past im just looking to trim down and get tone. Also we have both changed our diets to phase I cold turkey pun intended. wish me luck as of today i am 25 and looking to get into as good of shape as i was in senior year hs.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
If there is a hell on earth, it's definitely the plyo from p90x. Torture but got it done yesterday.

Also sparred, ran a few miles and did the p90x core work out today, a lot easier than the plyo.

Insanity literally kills people. I have to take breaks out of sheer exhaustion at times, but so do the people on the video.

Plyo was cake tonight other than a small hammy tweak.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Ok, so because I was getting bored with P90X, I joined a gym that has alot of the same type workouts, but with changes and someone other than Tony leading them. Weeek 2 for me at this gym and feeling awesome and much more motivated than before!!

My dad got me a gym membership for hannukah. If I could just cut the beer out of my diet I think I'd be exactly where I want to be within a month. That being said, that's not happening anytime soon and I'm still damn close, I'm at 185(with not a lot of body fat, not sure what exactly but I'm judging by abs showing and what not) and think I'll be at exactly my goal by spring break at the latest.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
I'm probably going to sell my bands and weights at some point since I think P90X has run its course with me. I am really in love with my local gym that does very similar functional strength programs.

Well, before you do that, keep in mind, a new P90X is coming out soon.

It will be called P90X:MC2

I think it's going to pull the best of the workouts from the One on One series and make it into the new P90X program.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
I'm probably going to sell my bands and weights at some point since I think P90X has run its course with me. I am really in love with my local gym that does very similar functional strength programs.

Ya, I'm pretty much the same way. I still do the ab ripper on core days but that's about it, definitely addicted to my gym.

And I was very surprised that the holidays didn't kick my ass. I ate like s*** for most of the Christmas week but still got my work outs in and actually lost some more weight somehow. Down to 180, making it an even 50 pounds I've lost since last year. Not bad.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Well, before you do that, keep in mind, a new P90X is coming out soon.

It will be called P90X:MC2

I think it's going to pull the best of the workouts from the One on One series and make it into the new P90X program.

Maybe. I've found a gym that does very similar workouts and I love being able to get over there and do something different all the time. Plus its two blocks away. P90 was great for me for a few years and I really got started doing workouts that finally gave me results, but I think my days of working out in this condo are finished.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
Maybe. I've found a gym that does very similar workouts and I love being able to get over there and do something different all the time. Plus its two blocks away. P90 was great for me for a few years and I really got started doing workouts that finally gave me results, but I think my days of working out in this condo are finished.

Yeah, I can understand that.

I'd keep the stuff if you have the room though...you never know when you might want/need to go back to it...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Yeah, I can understand that.

I'd keep the stuff if you have the room though...you never know when you might want/need to go back to it...

Ill tell you what Tony did for me the most, he made me a stud at lunges ans squats. I see alot of people struggling with this during our training sessions, and I am barely hurting at all.