P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
B&B today....I'm amazed at how weak I was because of this back and neck tweak I have...

Forgot to post yesterday that I did 5 mile run at 7:24 pace, real good for me. Running is getting easier and I like the change of pace cardio.

Chest and Back in about 5 min with some ARX thrown in at the end.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
Forgot to post yesterday that I did 5 mile run at 7:24 pace, real good for me. Running is getting easier and I like the change of pace cardio.

Chest and Back in about 5 min with some ARX thrown in at the end.

Nice work, Rock.

To quote Tony, you should see me hoop after doing this :)

Oh, and one other thing.

Tony is starting to develop the next P90X, which will be entitled P90X:MC2, which stands for Muscle Confusion 2.

He is going to develop it through his one-on-one series and tweak it and perfect it, and then it will ultimately be casted, filmed and released sometime late next year.

Im back b****es! Did chest and back today and man was it tough after taking almost 3 weeks off. I can't allow myself to go that long without serious exercise again! Ah well, guess I'm going to start off round 2 just like round 1...by being sore as hell this whole week!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Long run complete, 5.5 miles, 770 cals burned like a biatch.

Good work, Rock.

I have been sick for the last few days and unable to really do much of anything...and it's killing me...

I am still laid-up. Going to try and get to a chiropractor or acupuncturist or something on Friday. Somehow, I am aggravating something I tweaked doing those damn Steam Engines in my sleep. If I sleep more than 3 hours or so, I wake up with this debilitating back and neck pain and can barely get out of bed. Don't know what the hell I am doing.

Ya I haven't worked out in a week and a half since finishing the Insanity program, and I was sick the past few days and just got over it. MAYBE I'll start tomorrow, but I'll probably just ply some basketball to get some type of cardio going.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Ya I haven't worked out in a week and a half since finishing the Insanity program, and I was sick the past few days and just got over it. MAYBE I'll start tomorrow, but I'll probably just ply some basketball to get some type of cardio going.

I just got the Insanity discs. I was watching them on my computer and they look very heavy on cardio but low on muscle building so I think I might try to mix some Insanity workouts with P90X.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
I just got the Insanity discs. I was watching them on my computer and they look very heavy on cardio but low on muscle building so I think I might try to mix some Insanity workouts with P90X.

Theres some muscle building in the program, its just much more focused on circuit training and burning calories. You are going to burn upwards of 1000 calories per session.

I just started the entire P90x program on Monday. Shoulders and chest were rough, as was the Ab Ripper X, and I consider myself in good shape. I probably kept up for the first round of pushups and pullups, and then after that they're setting goals of 20 pushups, meanwhile I'm doing four or five before collapsing. It met my expectations, as I knew I wasn't going to match Tony or his other performers, but I honestly was surprised at the lack of actual weight lifting movements.

Also, for the Ab Ripper workout, the oblique situp performed on your side is painful. Anyone else think so? It's just an incredibly awkward movement to make and pinches my hip bones everytime.

I'm looking forward to the completing this in October, and I plan on following the diet as closely as possible. I'm upset I missed pylometrics yesterday due to working late (I don't want to get into this habit of missing workouts) but I'm doing that today.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
I just started the entire P90x program on Monday. Shoulders and chest were rough, as was the Ab Ripper X, and I consider myself in good shape. I probably kept up for the first round of pushups and pullups, and then after that they're setting goals of 20 pushups, meanwhile I'm doing four or five before collapsing. It met my expectations, as I knew I wasn't going to match Tony or his other performers, but I honestly was surprised at the lack of actual weight lifting movements.

Also, for the Ab Ripper workout, the oblique situp performed on your side is painful. Anyone else think so? It's just an incredibly awkward movement to make and pinches my hip bones everytime.

I'm looking forward to the completing this in October, and I plan on following the diet as closely as possible. I'm upset I missed pylometrics yesterday due to working late (I don't want to get into this habit of missing workouts) but I'm doing that today.

Plyo is the key to your lean down initially, you've got to hit that.

While you are collapsing on 4-5 pushups, move to your knees, this is why you should get a yoga mat or a rug in your room. On the ARX routine, a yoga mat or soft rug is a must or you will be hurting on alot of those moves.

Just keep pushing play, even if you feel like s***. Enjoy plyo.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Wanted to update since I haven't in quite some time... I started at 255 and now and at 228. Thanks to P90X and changing my eating habits! Thanks for the support and motivation.

Nicely done EJ! :headbang

I restarted the Insanity program myself yesterday. Still got to get back to eating better though.. :( I've been eating unhealthy again, but just working it off.