P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
shack. Just checked, FOY yoga is 48 min. I could prob send you the file somehow.

I'll take a look at it on youtube. I'm pretty happy with staring at Audra in the regular yoga routine though...

I'm so pissed injuries have held me back from this. I started it back in November and a week in, I jacked up my toe badly. Then once that got good enough to get back, I went to play basketball and dislocated my kneecap, and it's been bothering me since as I tweaked it again 2 weeks ago. I was really enjoying the program and I can't wait to get back on it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 5, 2010 -> 10:05 PM)
Shoulders & Arms today....WOW, am I a wuss now after basically taking a few weeks off...and my weight has dropped to about 163 LBS, down from probably 187 or so when I began...

B&B tore me up last night, really pulled something in my neck. Those strip sets killed me. Going to do some insanity today. I am enjoying switching back and forth so I get the same resistance, but more cardio.

I've been using my friend's DVD for P90X, but he's moving away and I want to buy my own because when I try to copy them the copied DVD's are really choppy. Anyway I'm looking at Amazon and it says the collection is $140, on a Facebook add it says the collection is $65. It seems too good to be true with the $65. But I'm reading it and can't find any catch so far. The website is http://www.p90xworkoutdvd.com/ . Has anyone bought the DVD's through this website before? Maybe it's already been mentioned in this thread, so I'll start reading through the thread. Thanks!

So I know some of the people in here finished the program, but whos still going at it? I was off of it for almost two weeks because I went on vacation to Las Vegas and I got sick right after the trip for a few days. Picked it back up a couple days ago and am about to start week 9 tomorrow.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
So I know some of the people in here finished the program, but whos still going at it? I was off of it for almost two weeks because I went on vacation to Las Vegas and I got sick right after the trip for a few days. Picked it back up a couple days ago and am about to start week 9 tomorrow.

I started phase 2 this week, did Back & Biceps today so I have now done every video at least once. I don't really like using the bands, I'm trying to sell a guitar so I can buy adjustable dumb bells.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
I started phase 2 this week, did Back & Biceps today so I have now done every video at least once. I don't really like using the bands, I'm trying to sell a guitar so I can buy adjustable dumb bells.

I just got two of the individual golds gym bars because i had some weight lying around. They are a b**** to change weights on during the workout because you have to screw them on and off, so I don't change weights much within workouts (I also have 35 pound dumbells that I used for back and other select exercises).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Alright, I wanted to post this in here because I'm betting nobody really reads the insanity thread.

P90X is for p*****s. Insanity is the real deal.

Hah...look at you, a full convert now...how much resistance training is there in Insanity, Rock?

I'm losing a lot of my bulk...still toned, but going at this just once or twice a week is not going to cut it...thinking I need to do this at least 4 times a week.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
Hah...look at you, a full convert now...how much resistance training is there in Insanity, Rock?

I'm losing a lot of my bulk...still toned, but going at this just once or twice a week is not going to cut it...thinking I need to do this at least 4 times a week.

Not a ton, but some. I am doing a hybrid program now. For example:

Monday: Insanity

Tues: P90 resistance workout

wed: plyo

thurs:P90 resistance

friday: insanity

sat: insanity yoga

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
Not a ton, but some. I am doing a hybrid program now. For example:

Monday: Insanity

Tues: P90 resistance workout

wed: plyo

thurs:P90 resistance

friday: insanity

sat: insanity yoga

Well keep at it, buddy...good work!

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
Well keep at it, buddy...good work!

My goal is lean and a 6-pack, its coming along. I've been working at this for years and years and finally I think I've found the solution to this and it feels great. I would recommend hitting up one on one with Tony to change up your P90X maintenance though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 13, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
My goal is lean and a 6-pack, its coming along. I've been working at this for years and years and finally I think I've found the solution to this and it feels great. I would recommend hitting up one on one with Tony to change up your P90X maintenance though.

Ooohh....tell me, what is the solution?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
Hybrid Insanity Core balance/Back and Biceps workout today. Lots of sweat on my floor.

I've slowly come to realize Insanity is killing me, though I haven't helped myself on eating healthy the last few days. :lol:

Cardio power and resistance kicked my ass today. Not looking forward to plyo cardio circuit tomorrow. :(

Im still dying to see pictures from people who are not infomercial actors, however, my brother said his roommate has been doing it and has gone from 257 to 228 in about 7 weeks.. of course though, i havent seen the roommate since he was 257 so I still dunno

QUOTE (T R U @ May 15, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
Im still dying to see pictures from people who are not infomercial actors, however, my brother said his roommate has been doing it and has gone from 257 to 228 in about 7 weeks.. of course though, i havent seen the roommate since he was 257 so I still dunno

Iamshack posted some a while back. I just finished my 5th week, I haven't lost much weight, but I can definitely see improvements. My chest and triceps are the most noticeable so far.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 15, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)

Give me another month or so and I'll do a 120 dayish picture progression.