P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Doing Yoga today. How necessary are yoga blocks and is there anything that would be a good substitute that I have around the house?

The necessity of them is really based on how flexible you are. The less flexible, the more you'll need them. You could stack a couple dictionaries or big books on top of each other but you will sweat like a mofo so cover them to keep them dry!

I'm close to ending week 3 but I'm going to do an extra week of this first segment since I had to miss 4-5 days. I'm noticing some added bulk but haven't lost any weight yet. It feels so wrong taking in so many more calories now than I was before but I'm trusting the process. At least I don't dread the workouts.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the good work guys. Bad news on me personally, did not workout all of last week cause I lost motivation for some reason after hanging with friends and all the compliments and such. Then when I wanted to go back to it, I had a severe hamstring strain on both legs working on the back-yard and still have it now, but trying to fight through it. I gotta say I feel bloated. Feels like I gained 10 pounds since I've been cheating alot. :( Dunno if I have it in me to continue.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
The necessity of them is really based on how flexible you are. The less flexible, the more you'll need them. You could stack a couple dictionaries or big books on top of each other but you will sweat like a mofo so cover them to keep them dry!

Wow, no kidding. I sweated more in the first 45 minutes of Yoga than I have in any of the other exercises so far.

I've never done yoga before and I found it difficult to perform the moves while I watched to see what I was supposed to be doing. My body feels great right now though. Softball opening day in 3 hours!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Keep up the good work guys. Bad news on me personally, did not workout all of last week cause I lost motivation for some reason after hanging with friends and all the compliments and such. Then when I wanted to go back to it, I had a severe hamstring strain on both legs working on the back-yard and still have it now, but trying to fight through it. I gotta say I feel bloated. Feels like I gained 10 pounds since I've been cheating alot. :( Dunno if I have it in me to continue.

Wow. That sucks. Keep at it man. I was just starting to see some results and got knocked down by allergies due to the crazy amount of pollen in the air. I'm looking to start back up next week.

Do your best and forget the rest sounds like a lame slogan, but its true with this program. Do what you can. There have been days when I totally didn't feel like working out but did the best that I could with what I had that day. I have missed a few days in a row before, and I just go right back at it asap. Just because you can't always perform as well as you should doesn't mean you should do nothing at all. Struggling through plyo is a lot better than not doing anything at all. So what if you have to cut a few exercises short because your out of gas, or you can't keep up with the people on the video? Just getting up and working at it when you don't feel like you have anything that day, and giving it your best can make all the difference in the world.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
Do your best and forget the rest sounds like a lame slogan, but its true with this program. Do what you can. There have been days when I totally didn't feel like working out but did the best that I could with what I had that day. I have missed a few days in a row before, and I just go right back at it asap. Just because you can't always perform as well as you should doesn't mean you should do nothing at all. Struggling through plyo is a lot better than not doing anything at all. So what if you have to cut a few exercises short because your out of gas, or you can't keep up with the people on the video? Just getting up and working at it when you don't feel like you have anything that day, and giving it your best can make all the difference in the world.

I hear ya. I just could not do abs after my first Legs & Back today, but I plan to make it up tomorrow.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
I hear ya. I just could not do abs after my first Legs & Back today, but I plan to make it up tomorrow.

Hell I only do abs about twice a week. Sometimes after chest, tris, and shoulders, or legs and back, I am out of gas and skip ab ripperx or just do half of it. I often do abs on my rest day instead. The leg workout, the plyo workout, core synersistics, and yoga all work your abs as well to varying extent, just not to the same level that ab ripper x works them.

Hey guys....sorry I have not been around to keep up the encouragement. Finished the program last week, and have been taking a break, but already feeling like a lazy bum.

Going to start up again today I guess. Not sure what I am going to do long-term, but I need to get moving or else I feel like a lot of my gains will be lost.

Hope everyone is still pressing play!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)
Hey guys....sorry I have not been around to keep up the encouragement. Finished the program last week, and have been taking a break, but already feeling like a lazy bum.

Going to start up again today I guess. Not sure what I am going to do long-term, but I need to get moving or else I feel like a lot of my gains will be lost.

Hope everyone is still pressing play!

Just started week 2!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
Nice work dude. Keep it up.

I expect to post some final pics here in the next month or so.

Thanks man.

Feel good about my lean-ness right now, so this second time around is going to be about adding bulk. More weight, less reps. Pool season is damn near here and the bikinis are going to be out in force :)

And as you can tell, now I need to get some color on my pasty white ass!

Haha I'm glad you guys are back. I thought I was going to have to post by myself in here for a while...

And LZ, I drink about a glass of choclate milk after plyo, kenpo, and core. Works well enough for me. I follow that with a protein shake about a half hour later.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
Nice job, shack. I really want to do this or Insanity at some point, but I'm afraid to overdo it with my running goals this year. Also, I don't know how apartment friendly this thing would be, being that I'm on the top floor of my building.

Most of it would be fine except for plyometrics. You jump like crazy in plyo, but u can replace it with the cardiox (which im not really sure about bc i havent tried it)

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Most of it would be fine except for plyometrics. You jump like crazy in plyo, but u can replace it with the cardiox (which im not really sure about bc i havent tried it)

Cardio X is just sort of a combination between all the other non-resistance workouts. They take a few yoga exercises, a few plyo exercises, a few kenpo exercises, and a few core exercises and combine them into one workout.

It's a decent workout, but nothing compared to plyo...

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
Just did plyo for the second time. I couldn't hang with them the entire time, but I did much better than the first round.

I remember the 2nd time I did it, I did a lot of the exercises for 20 seconds instead of 30 so I could finish. I can do them all for the complete time now, but I can't keep up with the speed rounds on some of them that they do for the last 10-15 seconds of some of the exercises. Its a process, and I get better every week pretty much