P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Just ordered the One on One series, thinking of ordering Insanity, too.

Starting to think about designing a long-term program for after I finish P90X, and I figure the more material I have to draw from the better.

The feedback I've seen on insanity is that you lose a ton of upper body strength but lean out quite a bit. I'm thinking you need a hybrid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
The feedback I've seen on insanity is that you lose a ton of upper body strength but lean out quite a bit. I'm thinking you need a hybrid.

I wouldn't run through the whole Insanity program I don't think. I would just select a few workouts from it so that I have more than just plyo to draw from for the cardio portion.

I've found that I am getting sick of certain workouts in P90X, so I need more material to draw from. So I want to create my own program, from a large body of material, for the long-term. It will be structured similarly to how P90X is, with resistance and cardio workouts intermingled, but I just need more workouts to draw from.

So instead of doing plyo every damn week, I want to maybe do that particular workout only once every 3 or 4 weeks. But I want to have a "plyo-like" workout (in it's effectiveness) at least once every week or so. Which is where Insanity comes in. From what I understand, much of that program is plyo in style, so I could select the best 3 or 4 workouts from that program, combine them with my favorite resistance workouts from P90X, as well as workouts as they come in the One-on-One series.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
The feedback I've seen on insanity is that you lose a ton of upper body strength but lean out quite a bit.

Pretty much sums it up. Like Reddy said it's what you want for your body. I personally want a body like say.. Usher, than a John Cena body.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Just ordered the One on One series, thinking of ordering Insanity, too.

Starting to think about designing a long-term program for after I finish P90X, and I figure the more material I have to draw from the better.

What is the one on one series?

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
What is the one on one series?

It's a monthly scam, basically. :)

It is a workout done by Tony in his home gym.

You get 1 per month for $19.95.

Not cheap, but I want to build a collection so I can craft a long-term program.

One on One

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
It's a monthly scam, basically. :)

It is a workout done by Tony in his home gym.

You get 1 per month for $19.95.

Not cheap, but I want to build a collection so I can craft a long-term program.

One on One

Looks pretty interesting. I agree that insanity looks like it could be a good supplement to a long term program as well, but no at that price. Should be interesting to see what you come out with once it is all said and done

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
Looks pretty interesting. I agree that insanity looks like it could be a good supplement to a long term program as well, but no at that price. Should be interesting to see what you come out with once it is all said and done

Yeah, I will definitely share with you guys what the program I design ends up looking like.

We're all going to need something, so we can bounce ideas off one another and see what works best.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
Yeah, I will definitely share with you guys what the program I design ends up looking like.

We're all going to need something, so we can bounce ideas off one another and see what works best.

Downloading them as we speak

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/one-on-one-...1-t2959110.html

Edited by RockRaines

Went ahead and did legs and back this morning. Got up at 4 AM. I'll tell you by the end of the day if I do that again.

This wasn't as difficult, as my legs and back are probably what I'm the best at.

But, I wanted to go ahead and do it in the morning since I work after teaching today and I don't want to punish myself before I go out for the night....I'd rather just enjoy it.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
Went ahead and did legs and back this morning. Got up at 4 AM. I'll tell you by the end of the day if I do that again.

This wasn't as difficult, as my legs and back are probably what I'm the best at.

But, I wanted to go ahead and do it in the morning since I work after teaching today and I don't want to punish myself before I go out for the night....I'd rather just enjoy it.

I did it once at 330 AM too, before work in the morning. I never did it again. Not necessarily because it was harder to do in the morning, but because that is just too damn early to wake up.

So Alex, you've got a week under your belt basically. How ya feeling?

I'll probably only do it on Fridays thru the end of spring practice. The way it sets up now, on a Friday, my day is spoken for til about 7 PM. So instead of doing it after dinner, letting dinner sit and working out til 9 or 9:30 PM and miss some relaxation time with my friends, I'll see how knocking it out early goes.

I like it so far, it is more than I have been sweating in quite a while. The little excel spreadsheet I downloaded for my version is really nice for keeping track. I didn't realize I should record ab ripper if I wasn't doing the full reps, but between Wednesday and this morning, I've already increased my reps on some of those.

I don't know if I'm going 100% all the time, because I'm not trying to completely lean out, but I'm trying and I'd say I'm going about 90% this time thru. I might skip the last rep that they do. But I'm sore all over, so it's working (I think). It's weird, because you'd have thought plyo and yoga would be the easier ones, but they're the ones I've had to pause.

DVDs will be delivered today sometime. Looking forward to getting started on this. What do you guys do on trips? Do you take it with you? I'm being sent out for some training for a week, and am not sure what the best way to keep it going would be.

Anyone else who does Yoga X here find that their knee(s) go numb during some of the longer moves where you are standing on one leg, such as the triangle pose or Warrior 3 (and the rest of that sequence)?

The last few times through it I have felt my right knee numbing up, and it still sort of felt strange last night when I was doing Legs & Beck.

Not sure if I should continue with that routine or not...

Today is Day 69...only 3 weeks left!

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
I forgot that I had started this thread.

I stuck with it for about three weeks, but then I got busy in my personal life and was thrown off the routine. Planning on starting the program again Monday.

Good luck!