P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright im in. already in good shape, but the gym is getting stale. i find my motivation thinning, so lets go. I did plyo sunday just to see what p90 was about, i barely finished. I did chest& back monday. I only have one heavy band and found the lift portion to be too easy. I ordered a set of 5 connectable bands, hope that works cause bells are $$. My calves were extremely sore yesterday and today but i pushed through another round of plyo to stay inline with the program. I may continue to lift at the gym but am afraid that may be over kill. anywho, glad to be apart.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
As soon as I get money, I'm in this as well, but my personal workout, I've dropped close to 30 pounds now and haven't had this type of body since my senior year in high school. Simple what push-ups/sit-ups and running can do to a man.

Yeah, awesome work, G.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
As soon as I get money, I'm in this as well, but my personal workout, I've dropped close to 30 pounds now and haven't had this type of body since my senior year in high school. Simple what push-ups/sit-ups and running can do to a man.

Nothing sheds fat like distance running.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)
alright im in. already in good shape, but the gym is getting stale. i find my motivation thinning, so lets go. I did plyo sunday just to see what p90 was about, i barely finished. I did chest& back monday. I only have one heavy band and found the lift portion to be too easy. I ordered a set of 5 connectable bands, hope that works cause bells are $$. My calves were extremely sore yesterday and today but i pushed through another round of plyo to stay inline with the program. I may continue to lift at the gym but am afraid that may be over kill. anywho, glad to be apart.

Dont worry about lifting at the gym quite yet. Follow the program and do all the resistance workouts at full bore. It will help sculpt your muscles differently that the gym has so you want to let it work over time.

Continuing with my goal of acquiring more workouts for use in the long-term program I intend on designing for post P90X, I ordered P90X Plus this morning. Supposedly there is a harder Kenpo workout, a more difficult Cardio workout, and another good Core workout. I think there is an Upper body workout that is supposed to be solid as well. Should be good to mix into my program.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
J4L how have you been doing? Staying the course?

Still goin' strong. I will admit I had a little 6-week lapse (personal problems) from about mid-January through February. I didn't do much working out or running. But I've been a madman the last month. I'm doing more now than I was last summer when I was at my peak. I've come to realize that training/running/ect is like therapy for me. When I'm running, I feel like I'm all by myself in the world. Which is a good thing. I don't think about anything.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)

I didn't even finish plyo my first time, so you did better than me my first week.

Did Shoulders & Arms for the first time with Powerblocks today. Woo...what a workout. I think I did ok - did most of the exercises with 30's and 20's.

I will continue to say though, for you people doing the bands, don't sweat it at all. They are doing more for you than you think. The weights really do not feel like they are doing all that much more for me than the bands did. I guess I feel like the bands strengthened and toned, whereas with the weights I am going more for size.

We'll see though.

Keep it up everyone!

was out of the house all day yesterday so pumped out S+A this morning and Yoga will be tonight.

god i LOVE the pump i get from doing the resistance workouts. now if only that pump stayed with me allllll the time. that'd be awesome.

Day 3, Shoulders and Arms (did it this morning). My quads are pretty sore/ tight from plyo yesterday. I've been taken it a little easier this time. The first time I tried P90X, I pushed myself way too hard too much, so I'm building in more endurance.

Since I don't have weights, I've had to build a hybrid routine with the Bowflex I have. It's worked well for everyone but the bent-over bicep curls (forgot what that was called).

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Since I don't have weights, I've had to build a hybrid routine with the Bowflex I have.

See I'm the same way.. And if anything.. I would KILL to have a Bowflex waaay more than P90X.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
I am now on day 21..since I had to have a short break. I have already dropped 10lbs and am feeling a lot stronger since starting P90X. I have a long way to go but I am starting to love this workout.

Awesome work, Jester!

Keep pressing play, brotha.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Well, just got Yoga out of the way for the day. I actually like Yoga, with the exception of that damned Warrior 3.

But it is always a pleasure watching Audra.

I just wish it wasn't so damn long.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Well, just got Yoga out of the way for the day. I actually like Yoga, with the exception of that damned Warrior 3.

But it is always a pleasure watching Audra.

you speak the truth