P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
I just wish it wasn't so damn long.

I just do the first half. I don't do the balance postures. If you just do the vinyasa moves it's about 50 minutes long.

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
I just do the first half. I don't do the balance postures.

Haha I suck at the balance postures. The end of the dvd has some solid core/ab work though (but its not like we don't get enough of that through core syn, and ab ripper x)

For you guys that are drinking a lot of protein shakes and smoothies now that you are doing this program, I have to recommend this machine I just picked up off of amazon.com.

It's manufactured by a company called Breville, which makes a lot of high-end small appliances such as blenders, juicers, panini makers, etc. I know a lot of you guys are in college still so you don't have the money to waste, but for you older guys who have some spare cash laying around from tax day or whatever, check this machine out. I bought mine refurbished, which actually seems brand new, to be honest. Breville Blender

This thing has a smoothie function that is just absolutely marvelous. It can make soups and all sorts of other drinks as well, such as margaritas and granitas and the like. Mine came earlier this week and I am already in love with the thing.

A very good tool if you're trying to watch your nutrition while doing an exercise program such as P90X.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Did my first Shoulders, tris, and chest workout today. It was pretty badass. Can't really do the one arm pushups though...

I just do them on my knees...

How funny is that Bill guy? You can tell he totally thinks Tony is a showoff...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
See I'm the same way.. And if anything.. I would KILL to have a Bowflex waaay more than P90X.

I need some structured program to keep me on task. It works great with the program though (I can even use the frame for pull-ups) and gives me a wide range of resistances to choose.

Ok, looks like I'm going to give this a shot. Gotta gather some equipment this week.

Question for those with experience:

My softball league starts in about 2 weeks. We play Thursday nights. How sore will I be? How should I schedule the workouts so that I can play ball? Should I make Thursday the rest day? Any suggestions?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
Ok, looks like I'm going to give this a shot. Gotta gather some equipment this week.

My softball league starts in about 2 weeks. We play Thursday nights. How sore will I be? How should I schedule the workouts so that I can play ball? Should I make Thursday the rest day? Any suggestions?

You will be sore for about 1 week.

If you start on a Monday, your Thursday will be Yoga day, which would work just fine with your softball game being that evening.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)

Your soreness will also flip around from place to place on your body depending on the week. Core syn will trample your lower back, plyo will destroy your hammies, etc.

Knocked out CST tonight with the dumbbells for the first time. I actually think I like this particular workout with the bands better, just because i think it is easier to keep better form with the bands than with weights considering all the awkwards triceps work involved.

Today was day 78.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Knocked out CST tonight with the dumbbells for the first time. I actually think I like this particular workout with the bands better, just because i think it is easier to keep better form with the bands than with weights considering all the awkwards triceps work involved.

Today was day 78.

You need to post some before/after pics. I would imagine you look significantly different than you did 78 days ago.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)

Today was day 78.

The awkward exercises will help you with the stabilizing muscles. It will work you out real nice in due time.