P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2010 -> 12:39 AM)
I've slowly come to realize Insanity is killing me, though I haven't helped myself on eating healthy the last few days. :lol:

Cardio power and resistance kicked my ass today. Not looking forward to plyo cardio circuit tomorrow. :(

I feel like I die a little bit after each workout. But its the kind of pain that you really appreciate. You just feel the fat burning off of you and it feels great. In fact I went for an easy 5 mile run the other day and had to increase the distance because my cardio was so good.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 16, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
Iamshack posted some a while back. I just finished my 5th week, I haven't lost much weight, but I can definitely see improvements. My chest and triceps are the most noticeable so far.

Awesome, thats what I was looking for.. it does appear to work nicely.. I will have to now get it

I'm not gonna lie you guys, if Insanity is that much harder than P90X plyometrics, I don't think I want anything to do with it lol. My stamina has greatly improved through the program, but plyo is still killer on the legs. They feel like jelly right now.

Just did Back and Biceps after going 5 days without working out due to my mom being in town to visit.

Oh my. My arms are like jelly. Could barely lift the blender to make the recovery drink...

So how is everyone coming along?

Looks like Rock is doing his Insanity/P90X/One-on-One hybrid, LZ and the Gooch are still hanging with the program, and Gerry is kicking some ass on the Insanity.

Everyone sticking with it pretty well?

We need to continue to encourage eachother!

Keep up the great work, fellas!

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 21, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
Just did Back and Biceps after going 5 days without working out due to my mom being in town to visit.

Oh my. My arms are like jelly. Could barely lift the blender to make the recovery drink...

So how is everyone coming along?

Looks like Rock is doing his Insanity/P90X/One-on-One hybrid, LZ and the Gooch are still hanging with the program, and Gerry is kicking some ass on the Insanity.

Everyone sticking with it pretty well?

We need to continue to encourage eachother!

Keep up the great work, fellas!

Yeah still with it! I have less than 4 weeks left. I haven't been able to do it every single day of the week like when I started, but I'm still at it at least 4 nights a week. I have lost 6 or 7 lbs so far (I wasn't very overweight when I started the program, so I didn't expect much weight loss), but I have improved my overall fitness tremendously. Still thoroughly enjoy the workouts as well.

Ditto. Tomorrow I'm doing both cardio abs and cardio circuit (missed a day yesterday, damn Hawks game) and with Sunday off, I will have completed 4 weeks of Insanity. :) Next week is recovery week/core balance basically then after that, the MAX interval training begins.. :o

I'm still going at it. This past week sucked because I had to go out of town and only got about half of my workouts in and ate like s*** while I was away. It's so hard for me to to eat well when I am not at home. I'm going to try to make up some of the workouts by doubling up on a couple of days this week.

Just got back from vacation in Mexico, I was pretty pleased about my fitness level when I left, its going to be tough to get back into it. I will say that these programs really work if you really make sure you press play every day you can.

Good work everyone!

Just did Back and Chest after partying like a rockstar for the past week with my best friend in town. Feels sooo good to do it. Was pretty pleased to see how I bounced back.

Gotta say guys, this program has changed my life as a single dude. I can't tell you how many girls were talking to me this past week that probably wouldn't have given me much of a chance before I did this program. Not only is it a confidence booster to know you look great, but the women really do respond to a lean, toned and tanned body just like we stupid men fall for women. I always thought women were less superficial. Wrong! ;)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 28, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
Plyo+core syn today. Awesome workout day.

Wow, Rock. I commend you.

How warm do you guys keep your thermostats usually?

I just did Plyo, and I think it is 81 in here, and I feel like I might faint...

Again, Rock, amazing work. Keep it up brotha.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 29, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
Wow, Rock. I commend you.

How warm do you guys keep your thermostats usually?

I just did Plyo, and I think it is 81 in here, and I feel like I might faint...

Again, Rock, amazing work. Keep it up brotha.

And then totally ruined it with a terrible eating/drinking weekend.

I try to keep mine at 75ish, but during some plyo workouts ill just leave all the windows open.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 31, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
And then totally ruined it with a terrible eating/drinking weekend.

I try to keep mine at 75ish, but during some plyo workouts ill just leave all the windows open.

That's ok. Better to work hard to enjoy your holiday weekends and keep yourself in shape than to be a grumpy bastard in fantastic shape.

We should all work out so we can have a little fun from time to time.

Alright, starting a 90 day challenge to my bday. My goal is single digit body fat, ripped up 6 pack, and hopefully not as much flat out weight loss as my other round.

Doing the typical P90X 90 day schedule with some insanity subbed in for kempo, plyo and legs and back. I will also be doing 1 on 1 with Tony's Fountain of youth yoga instead of the 90 min bore.

Starting at 183 lbs

13% body fat-ish

33 in waist

for a 6"1" guy, I would like to stay around 180, so I will be ingesting alot of protein.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
Alright, starting a 90 day challenge to my bday. My goal is single digit body fat, ripped up 6 pack, and hopefully not as much flat out weight loss as my other round.

Doing the typical P90X 90 day schedule with some insanity subbed in for kempo, plyo and legs and back. I will also be doing 1 on 1 with Tony's Fountain of youth yoga instead of the 90 min bore.

Starting at 183 lbs

13% body fat-ish

33 in waist

for a 6"1" guy, I would like to stay around 180, so I will be ingesting alot of protein.

I wish you luck, Rock...you are a madman...

Legs and back today...ugh, sore...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
I wish you luck, Rock...you are a madman...

Legs and back today...ugh, sore...

Since it was such a nice day today I did a long run in place of plyo. I figured since I almost puked in the home stretch that it did the job. S&A with ARX tomorrow.

I also did legs and back today. This program sure does work the hell out of your legs... I am doing Cardio X tomorrow just to try something new. Then I will have 2 weeks left in the program, 1 week of each routine. After I finish, I plan to return to the gym for a month or two to put on some bulk, and then probably do P90X all over again. I will definitely use a lot of the exercises that I have used in P90X at the gym as well. Eventually, I would like to develop a plan that would include the P90X workouts as well as weightlifting at the gym.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
I also did legs and back today. This program sure does work the hell out of your legs... I am doing Cardio X tomorrow just to try something new. Then I will have 2 weeks left in the program, 1 week of each routine. After I finish, I plan to return to the gym for a month or two to put on some bulk, and then probably do P90X all over again. I will definitely use a lot of the exercises that I have used in P90X at the gym as well. Eventually, I would like to develop a plan that would include the P90X workouts as well as weightlifting at the gym.

Gooch...great job, brotha.

I found that after I finished the program I was sort of lost as to what to do. I kept doing the workouts a few times a week for a few weeks, but then I started feeling guilty about not doing them more often. So then I just took a few weeks off.

After starting to see myself shrink, I started trying to workout again, but tried to sort of pick up where I left off. That did not work well. I could barely get through the workouts, and would sort of punish myself mentally for being so out of shape all the sudden.

Then my mom came in to town for several days, followed by my best friend, so needless to say I hardly worked out at all during that time period.

When things finally returned to normal, I just had to come to grips with the fact that I am not going to be able to keep myself in the shape I was when I finished P90X, unless I continue to workout like I did for the program. When you finish that program, you are in pretty elite condition, to be quite honest. And it's a condition that arises from working your ass off for 13 weeks. It's not a condition that can be arrived at by working out twice a week. So I either have to accept that I will not be in that state of conditioning, or I will have to work much harder at it than just a few times a week.

That is what I am currently trying to come to grips with.

In the meantime, I have started the program a second time.

Let me know how things work out for you.