P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Good work, Gooch.

How many diamond pushups are you knocking out now?

I do about 12 where I touch my chest to my hands, then I either switch to my knees and max out or just don't touch my hands and do as many as I can. Pretty tough to do the 2nd time around lol.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
I do about 12 where I touch my chest to my hands, then I either switch to my knees and max out or just don't touch my hands and do as many as I can. Pretty tough to do the 2nd time around lol.

Wow, that's impressive that you actually touch your chest like Tony tells you to...I don't go that low...

I've slowed down on Insanity alot. Missed a couple days this week (I'm sure you know Rock anything dealing with MAX is f***ing hard!) I'll do Max Plyo in a little bit here and perhaps workout twice tomorrow to make up for some lost time.

Edited by SoxAce

Did plyo last night after work. Was a bit tough getting into it but found the second week I had a lot more wind to keep going once I did get my lungs and heart going.

I haven't tried the Insanity plyo yet, but I do love the P90X plyo workout. Always feel great afterwards.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Wow, that's impressive that you actually touch your chest like Tony tells you to...I don't go that low...

Yeah, at first I couldnt do many doing it like that, but then I realized my legs werent wide enough apart like they do it in the video. It was easier to do after that. The dive bomber pushup are still pretty damn tough still. I have been slacking a lot on the ab ripper x lately though, I gotta start doing those again.

How are those adjustable free weights working out for you Shack? I was thinking of getting some of those because I am kind of limited in the amount of different weights I can use during a workout. I only have 35's, and two adjustable dumbells that take forever to change because I have to unscrew both sides, change he weights, and screw them back on. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but its impossible to do that and keep up with the pace of the workouts.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
Yeah, at first I couldnt do many doing it like that, but then I realized my legs werent wide enough apart like they do it in the video. It was easier to do after that. The dive bomber pushup are still pretty damn tough still. I have been slacking a lot on the ab ripper x lately though, I gotta start doing those again.

How are those adjustable free weights working out for you Shack? I was thinking of getting some of those because I am kind of limited in the amount of different weights I can use during a workout. I only have 35's, and two adjustable dumbells that take forever to change because I have to unscrew both sides, change he weights, and screw them back on. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but its impossible to do that and keep up with the pace of the workouts.

Yeah, the dive bombers are killing me as well.

The dumbbells I have are great. I have a set of Powerblocks. They are easy to switch out and they are comfortable to use with the exercises. I still contend that the bands are better for certain exercises, but the weights are really nice to have.

I picked mine up used on Craigslist for $175. Keep your eye out for a set.

I got a few questions since I have the dvds but not everything that goes a long with them(nutrition guide, etc). Which dvd do I start out with and what's the whole order supposed to be like? Which week am I supposed to take my rest week? And am I supposed to be doing this 6 days a week or what?

Obviously, I know I don't have to follow those things 100 percent but I'd like to try as hard as possible, at least to begin with. Thanks in advance.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
I got a few questions since I have the dvds but not everything that goes a long with them(nutrition guide, etc). Which dvd do I start out with and what's the whole order supposed to be like? Which week am I supposed to take my rest week? And am I supposed to be doing this 6 days a week or what?

Obviously, I know I don't have to follow those things 100 percent but I'd like to try as hard as possible, at least to begin with. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the club, Rowand!

Schedule

Got to be honest, I have not been following the workouts to a T. I am trying to lose some extra belly fat so I have been doing running intervals instead of plyo/yoga/kenpo. I lost 15 lbs. before I started P90X and the weight loss seemed to stop when I started the program. I have changed it up a little, but I am still happy with the progress.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Hahaha while its still the same schedule, I find it funny that you go on the site for P90x for recent mothers

Hah, I have the books and stuff, so I use those.

This was just the first site I found when I googled it for Rowand.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
Got to be honest, I have not been following the workouts to a T. I am trying to lose some extra belly fat so I have been doing running intervals instead of plyo/yoga/kenpo. I lost 15 lbs. before I started P90X and the weight loss seemed to stop when I started the program. I have changed it up a little, but I am still happy with the progress.

The weight loss may have stopped because you were adding muscle while losing fat.

Did your belly fat continue to disappear? or no?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)

You gotta do plyo, and make sure you do some of the core workouts as well. How's your diet? Thats my weak point.

Chest and back today, yea!!!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)

I have a ppt I can email you as well if you PM me your email address. I print it out and post it next to my computer to remind me everyday.

Just keep pressing play. If you have a s***ty day and dont feel like it, just press play and try your hardest to do some of it, you'll find that your energy level picks up and you actually end up doing the whole thing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
I have a ppt I can email you as well if you PM me your email address. I print it out and post it next to my computer to remind me everyday.

Just keep pressing play. If you have a s***ty day and dont feel like it, just press play and try your hardest to do some of it, you'll find that your energy level picks up and you actually end up doing the whole thing.

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
Shoulders & Arms out of the way, going to take a break and then hit yoga as I missed a day yesterday.

Also did this today. I use weights for most exercise but use the band on a select few for variety. I broke the band today on the crouching cohen curls, so it looks like all weights for the rest of the way...

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Also did this today. I use weights for most exercise but use the band on a select few for variety. I broke the band today on the crouching cohen curls, so it looks like all weights for the rest of the way...

Did it snap up and hit you?

I hate those damn crouching cohen curls...Damn them!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Did it snap up and hit you?

I hate those damn crouching cohen curls...Damn them!

Actually no. Since I had such a large loop for the curls, there wasn't enough length on the band to hit me. This was the first and last time I use a band for the crouching cohen curls lol.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Actually no. Since I had such a large loop for the curls, there wasn't enough length on the band to hit me. This was the first and last time I use a band for the crouching cohen curls lol.

I snapped one on some kind of deep swimmer's press or something and it caught me in the face. Not fun.

I just gotta say, I love P90X.

I have never spent money so well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
I snapped one on some kind of deep swimmer's press or something and it caught me in the face. Not fun.

I just gotta say, I love P90X.

I have never spent money so well.

I snapped one doing back exercises awhile back. It came down and smacked me clear in the chest. Was black and blue for weeks.