P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Thats a bit of my problem right now (can see the definition back of the 6 pack I once had though), though I got some fat around the tricep area. I am seeing results though, I'll probably look into getting alittle bulk later, but right I'm just looing for more tone all around.

P90X is perfect for what you are talking about. It leans your entire body out and helps really rip that fat off problem areas.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Well you all were right. Most of my body is sore. I expect my entire body to be sore by tomorrow after shoulders and arms

Push yourself hard during that one, its probably the easiest resistance workout.

So would you guys consider P90X a long term work out program? Is this something you will continually do for years at a time or is it something you do interchangeably with other strength training or cardio programs, perhaps alternating every few months or so?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
So would you guys consider P90X a long term work out program? Is this something you will continually do for years at a time or is it something you do interchangeably with other strength training or cardio programs, perhaps alternating every few months or so?

I can't be sure, as I have only been doing it for 45 days. I envision repeating it one more time and amping up the exercises a bit. Then modifying the routines after that to keep in shape.

I know this much: I didn't bust my ass to get into this kind of shape only to go back to being lazy again.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
I can't be sure, as I have only been doing it for 45 days. I envision repeating it one more time and amping up the exercises a bit. Then modifying the routines after that to keep in shape.

I know this much: I didn't bust my ass to get into this kind of shape only to go back to being lazy again.

haha exactly.

for me, i'm in the middle of my second time through P90X. I just pretty much started up again after the first 90 days. I'm sure I'll get bored of it eventually... maybe... but as for right now I think I'm just gonna keep doing it until I reach that point.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
haha exactly.

for me, i'm in the middle of my second time through P90X. I just pretty much started up again after the first 90 days. I'm sure I'll get bored of it eventually... maybe... but as for right now I think I'm just gonna keep doing it until I reach that point.

Did you take any break at all?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Anyone want to post a couple of the ab excerises for this program? I do some hard ab excersises at my local gym, but am curious what these consists of...

I see no one is gonna touch your question. (or mine prior) :lol:

I found the ab ripper x workout on Dailymotion. I know some of the stuff I do on my own is tougher, but is the whole key here the little rest? I take breaks during my usual ab workout, does not resting really make you work that much harder?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Not a big fan of the yoga

Just do the vinyasas...you can skip the balance poses.

The vinyasas are worth doing for your chest (do the pushups), your ass and your thighs, and your core.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Am I committing suicide if I combine P90X and Insanity? I want to add lean muscle while maintaining a lean/trim body. I don't want to be bulky.

If you've never done either before, quite possibly. My guess is you could pull it off if you really wanted to, but the better solution would be to go with the P90X doubles program instead. Trust me, that will keep you plenty lean, my man.

So yesterday I had a long rough day at work and pulled a cheat day, rest day, italian food and a bottle of wine. Feeling it a bit today, but it was worth it. Back on the horse this morning, Back and Biceps this morning, Legs and back this afternoon.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Am I committing suicide if I combine P90X and Insanity? I want to add lean muscle while maintaining a lean/trim body. I don't want to be bulky.

Alot of people do this actually, usually when they have been through P90X a time or two and want a new challenge.

Did Legs and back today. Tough work out, but felt good. Quick question for the P90X vets. I have been doing the first 2-4 sets of pullups without the chair (I have been doing from 3-6 pullups). Then I do the 2nd round (and part of the first round in the case for legs and back today) with the chair. How many pullups do you guys do where your at now, and when did you stop using the chair all together?

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
Did Legs and back today. Tough work out, but felt good. Quick question for the P90X vets. I have been doing the first 2-4 sets of pullups without the chair (I have been doing from 3-6 pullups). Then I do the 2nd round (and part of the first round in the case for legs and back today) with the chair. How many pullups do you guys do where your at now, and when did you stop using the chair all together?

8-10 pullups a set, use the chair to get there if I cant make it. Max reps when he tells me, aka, as many until I have to stand on the chair.

I still use the chair quite a bit because i bang out sets of 10 the first few exercises and quickly get tired. I would say I do anywhere from 3-5 sets without the chair at any time.