Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:21 AM)
The Score is actually saying Jermaine Dye is in the proposed Deal. That means the Sox are only adding 5-6 million dollars this year.

Now that's very surprising indeed.

JD's been the Sox's best hitter so far, but then again, it's not like you can acquire a pitcher like Peavy everyday of the week.

What would happen to Brian Giles though?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Score is actually saying Jermaine Dye is in the proposed Deal. That means the Sox are only adding 5-6 million dollars this year.

Did Josh Kroeger just become our right fielder? Or possible Nix?

I sure to like Peavy, but boy... Poreda, Richard, Dye, and some PTBNL seems like a LOT to give up.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:23 AM)
if its poreda and richard, i'd have to guess that the PTBNLs would not be Beckham, Flowers, Viciedo, Danks,....i would guess one could in the class of Shelby, Retherford, Morel, etc. Its also possible one of Nix, Getz, Lillibridge go, or Anderson go.

The PTBNL are probably a pool of secondary type talent. Select from this pool based on a bit more playing time.

Its not going to be Beckham, Flowers, Viciedo, or Danks.

Actually that is in the 6AM hour of Mully and Hanly that is on the top of the site archives.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:25 AM)
san digeo beat writer said that if peavy was to be traded, giles would have come with. Update had nothing on players other on pending deal waiting on him waiving his no trade

The Padres are at a crossroads with salary. They need to turn these players into young cheap talent. Moving Giles with it, would lessen the impact coming back to the Pads.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:24 AM)
Maybe it's Peavy for Lillibridge. They may have to throw in some other stuff for that.

If we send Lillibridge now that would be a good idea. School is ending and he wouldn't have to transfer mid-year. That's tough.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:25 AM)
Wait, did we just go from Bailey for Dye to Peavy for Dye? Why would the Padres take an aging RF when they're trying to rebuild?

Expiring contact that they can in turn flip easily for more prospects in about another month.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:28 AM)
Also Giles has a .166/.258/.241 line so far this season FWIW.

you'd think that has to get better....even at his age he still sported a .400 obp last year...the guy gets on base and if he picks it up it wouldnt at all surprise me to see him leading off if he was to land here

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:29 AM)
The Score is indeed reporting the deal is done pending Peavy approval, no mention of players at all.

Wowee.

Going to be a very interesting few hours ahead.

This is kind of like last year waiting for Griffey to say yes

And I would like to add, I wont doubt KONA from the mlb.com messageboards ever again if this happens

Edited by kyyle23