Sox @ Angels 5-26-09

I'd much prefer having Lucy up. Neither will hit, but at least Lucy will play better D and actually be in shape.

I really don't see any difference between Hall and Miller, except that Miller has a better arm.

Miller is significantly cheaper from a back-up catcher perspective. Tubby was the 2nd or 3rd highest backup catcher in the league when he was here.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Miller is significantly cheaper from a back-up catcher perspective. Tubby was the 2nd or 3rd highest backup catcher in the league when he was here.

They were giddy when they got him. They thought he would light up lefthanders. The spring training injury I don't think ever healed. He should have had surgery.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Chris Singleton is so much better away from Farmer. Maybe Farmer is the problem.

Farmer and Rooney = awesomeness.

Ever since Rooney left though, our radio has stunk. One of the biggest gaffes has been cheaping out and not bringing back Rooney. What a load of BS that was.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2009 -> 03:56 AM)
They were giddy when they got him. They thought he would light up lefthanders. The spring training injury I don't think ever healed. He should have had surgery.

Ugh, don't get me started on that. Reports indicated this offseason that it never did heal.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
Ugh, don't get me started on that. Reports indicated this offseason that it never did heal.

Yeah, I heard he is spending this year getting repaired and healing it, in hopes of a comeback for 2010.

How is Alexei never in the right spot at SS? Seems likes he's shading up the middle every time there is one in the hole. And now he's WAY in the hole and Vlad hits one right up the middle.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:00 AM)
How is Alexei never in the right spot at SS? Seems likes he's shading up the middle every time there is one in the hole. And now he's WAY in the hole and Vlad hits one right up the middle.

We've always defended Vlad this way. Remember the 2005 ALCS? He must have hit 10 grounders to Uribe playing in the same spot.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
We've always defended Vlad this way. Remember the 2005 ALCS? He must have hit 10 grounders to Uribe playing in the same spot.

This is true. IIRC, he hit a lot of choppers deep in the hole.