AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Heads22

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
I caught the last two outs. Hawk and Stoney were raving about the defense. Was it that good? Damn shame that with the game being on WCIU that there won't be a replay.

mlb.com, check the gameday and video highlights on the right

the angels announcers were going bats*** crazy over the sox defense, and it was awesome to hear and see

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...chamlb_anamlb_1

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:40 AM)

the angels announcers were going bats*** crazy over the sox defense, and it was awesome to hear and see

Thanks. The D has been so bad to this point. Will be nice to see some 2005-style D for once.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)
:cheers

Bartolo!

Nix

and the D, specifically paulie. Hes been great over there for so long, i hope more people start realizing that someday

LEts get the sweep! :sweep:

i'll take a NORMAL 3rd game, forget the sweep, no 20-1 blowouts or blown saves, just play a fundamental ballgame is all I ask

just got back from the game. Defense was simply spectacular, 2 killer plays by Alexei, Nix with an absolute all out dive stop up the middle, PK a great DP, Pods throwing Hunter out at third on the tagup.

best of all, though the LOB was high, they were hitting the ball hard all night, keep up this kind of contact and taking the pitchers deep in the count, they might just be alright. Couple guys had to hold up from 2nd to 3rd because the single were such ropes...

couple of nice steals too......Pods bunting a popup to the first was one of the few mistakes....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)
So raise your hands if you though the Sox would take the first two games of this series...

I'm not going to say I would've predicted it, but the Sox tend to play well in Anaheim.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:40 AM)

I love Rex Huddler. Reminds me of when I'm playing the Show.

QUOTE (everafan @ May 27, 2009 -> 07:40 AM)
How about Alexei with 3 BBs and a hit? That might be the most remarkable.

The GIDP he had was hit hard so it was just bad luck. Thome also hit the ball really hard and GIDP'd.

Three walks in one game for Lexi is a very positive sign. I was hoping that he'd exhibit more patience from the 2 hole, and so far, that seems to be the case.

I think he's going to have a big year, still. If we can get Q healthy again, the offense will be solid.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
I caught the last two outs. Hawk and Stoney were raving about the defense. Was it that good? Damn shame that with the game being on WCIU that there won't be a replay.

Ya, the defense was awesome. Nix and Ramirez both had two plays that were amazing. Pods had a nice DP.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 27, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)
I'm not going to say I would've predicted it, but the Sox tend to play well in Anaheim.

Maybe recently, but prior to 05 I believe Anaheim was one of the worst places for them to play, as they would always go on their West Coast trip and come back with a pretty horrid record(kind of like the current Toronto house of horrors).

In the past couple years they have stepped it up though

We didn't come through that much with RISP, but oh well. Win's a win and the offense hit Saunders pretty well. How 'bout Jayson Nix man? Defense up the middle was special and who knew Pods can throw? Torii Hunter certainly didn't. I hope Bobby's alright. I don't like the idea of Linebrink closing games much.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
We need Gavin Floyd to pretend the Angels are the Pirates tonight.

I think this will be the first time he's ever pitched in Angel Stadium.

If so, that could be a good sign. He's done well in his first go-around at most AL parks.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
Maybe recently, but prior to 05 I believe Anaheim was one of the worst places for them to play, as they would always go on their West Coast trip and come back with a pretty horrid record(kind of like the current Toronto house of horrors).

In the past couple years they have stepped it up though

I thought their house of horrors out west was Oakland?