6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN

qwerty

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
Because Coop has succeeded with a great number of our pitchers beyond their expectations (including a good deal of young guys) where Walker flat-out hasn't (including a good deal of young guys). Coop also has arguably the best 'pen in baseball right now.

But really, to make it clear, if we were to fire both Coop would have another job in a week and Walker wouldn't.

I'm glad you're a baseball executive and know this. Quentin, Ramirez, Konerko, Dye came back after being awful with Oakland and he was healthy his final year there. As I said, the White Sox line-up has a lot of crap. That's not on Walker.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DA, you know you're my favorite...but I can't see how anyone defends Walker anymore. You need to see what we can do with a different hitting coach before making decisions on the future of some of these guys. It's not the physical approach anymore, but mentally, something is f***ed up.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
I never once blamed Walker for the failures of Wise and Lillibridge, and anyone who did is an idiot.

Both of those guys were clearly not Major League talent.

Anderson is? Fields is? Getz is?

Why is it so hard to fathom that the reason our young players suck this year is because

wait

They're not good enough?

What can walker do with s***?

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
I never once blamed Walker for the failures of Wise and Lillibridge, and anyone who did is an idiot.

Both of those guys were clearly not Major League talent.

When they are in the line-up, the contribute to the lack of runs, and you blame the lack of runs on Walker.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
I'm all for Williams stepping down, however, as the players who are on the ML roster (outside of Beckham, who was a can't miss for whichever team grabbed him) are HIS players and scouted by HIS scouts

This team won the division last season and you want the GM to step down because of one lackluster offseason?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
I'm glad you're a baseball executive and know this. Quentin, Ramirez, Konerko, Dye came back after being awful with Oakland and he was healthy his final year there. As I said, the White Sox line-up has a lot of crap. That's not on Walker.

Dye almost had a career ending injury with Oakland. It wasn't until he was fully healthy and had gotten re-adjusted to major league pitching that he started performing. Alexei was on the Cuban National Team! He was always this good, and both Q and Konerko were huge prospects who received their first fulltime opportunities with us.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
When they are in the line-up, the contribute to the lack of runs, and you blame the lack of runs on Walker.

And the reason they are in the lineup is because Ozzie is an idiot/Kenny is an idiot. I blame Walker for the lack of any good plate discipline by anyone except maybe Konerko.

And yes, Fields is a major league talent. As is Brian.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
Anderson is? Fields is? Getz is?

Why is it so hard to fathom that the reason our young players suck this year is because

wait

They're not good enough?

What can walker do with s***?

You wanna tell me that the first thing you thought when you saw Field and Ba's minor league numbers was that these two kids were going to be busts at the Major League level?

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
It really makes me laugh that the only argument in defending Walker is that Cooper should be getting just as much s***, rofl.

I really don't blame Cooper for anything. I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in how they are judged. Cleveland now has 8. If the Sox have 0 Walker needs to be fired.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
You wanna tell me that the first thing you thought when you saw Field and Ba's minor league numbers was that these two kids were going to be busts at the Major League level?

Because nobody who had good numbers in the minor leagues has come up to the big leagues and not succeeded.