GameThread: Tigers (33-26) v. White Sox (27-33) 1:05 WGN

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Should of let him catch it. BA would of tagged and scored

That's what the smart fan would have done. No way he throws BA out after he goes into the stands.

The kid with the Crede jersey was on the tarp. Too funny.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
That's what the smart fan would have done. No way he throws BA out after he goes into the stands.

The kid with the Crede jersey was on the tarp. Too funny.

not a chance. he's got a great arm and that was halfway between 3rd and the pole.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
Gavin Floyd y'all. Looks pretty good once he corrected his posture and tempo huh?

And once he realized that he has one of the most "plus" pitches in all of baseball, and he should use it more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Nice win started by 3 of the young guys in the 9th.

Brian Anderson is quietly becoming an option again in my book. He had a nice series.

For a big sereis the youger guys semed to have better AB's than some of the vets. While the results don't prove it, they did just fine.

The fact Thorton only pitched in the blow out tells me all I need to know about Guillen's handling of the pen.

Maybe Thorton is the peice of a blockbuster trade and they do not want to risk anything with him??????

I have no problem moving Jenks although I would have liked to have seen him pitch in a blowout as he has not thrown in about a week and really hasn't thrown often in the last two or three weeks.

Nice win and the Sox outplayed the Tigers. They really should have won all five.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
And once he realized that he has one of the most "plus" pitches in all of baseball, and he should use it more.

And I think he's started using a few different versions of it in different situations.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
Brian Anderson is quietly becoming an option again in my book. He had a nice series.

For a big sereis the youger guys semed to have better AB's than some of the vets. While the results don't prove it, they did just fine.

The fact Thorton only pitched in the blow out tells me all I need to know about Guillen's handling of the pen.

Maybe Thorton is the peice of a blockbuster trade and they do not want to risk anything with him??????

I have no problem moving Jenks although I would have liked to have seen him pitch in a blowout as he has not thrown in about a week and really hasn't thrown often in the last two or three weeks.

Nice win and the Sox outplayed the Tigers. They really should have won all five.

I'm honestly starting to think you are on to something here. I'd much rather see Jenks, Dotel or Linebrink go though. It seems like Thornton is ALWAYS money.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
Every bloody time we give him regular playing time, he winds up performing.

It's only taken 3 years to figure it out.

Too bad whenever TCQ comes back, hes gone for good.