Draft Signings

danman31

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Kinda surprised Mike Strong hasn't signed. He's a small-time community college pitcher, who went in the 25th round - I'd think he'd jump at the chance.

Perhaps he got a D-I scholarship and wants to spend a year having fun and playing baseball at the NCAA level.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 01:04 PM)
So there's a week left to sign these guys. Do we get Morgado and Jones in the fold?

I hope so, you really don't draft guys in the top five without expecting to sign them. Hopefully, they get Morgado because power lefties are hard to come by and easy to trade (Aaron Poreda). Jones would also be good, but I would rather have the more developed Morgado than Jones.

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
unrelated to the sox but the pirates just signed Zach Von Rosenberg as a sixth round pick for $1.2 million, i would love to see us offer goodwin that kind of money and bring him into our system.

Given what the Sox just spent on Peavy, Rios, I'd be very surprised to see them sign anyone remaining. I'd hope they'd get Morgado but even that is doubtful.

I don't know what the hell Morgado is thinking. He wasn't slated to go as high as he did and didn't have a team to play for (He wasn't staying at Tenn).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
Given what the Sox just spent on Peavy, Rios, I'd be very surprised to see them sign anyone remaining. I'd hope they'd get Morgado but even that is doubtful.

If that's the case it will be disappointing to say the least, but you can't really blame them. Peavy and Rios were huge moves that I think had to be done. We got Peavy for far less than he's worth IMO (because of Peavy's full NTC) and Rios we got for nothing.

I hope we at least get Justin Jones though.