Draft Signings

danman31

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
I can't believe it looks like Crow will go unsigned again.

That guy just doesn't get it.

Isn't he not subject to the deadline this evening for some reason? College seniors aren't...perhaps that applies to him? I'm not sure.

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Isn't he not subject to the deadline this evening for some reason? College seniors aren't...perhaps that applies to him? I'm not sure.

They still have a week to sign him I believe. But this is really hurting the Royals cause they want to get him in their system (minors/fall league) as soon as possible.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
so the only two first rounders unsigned with a couple minutes left are Strasburg and Crow (again).

I think Crow can sign up until next year's draft because he played for an indy league team, indy league guys and college seniors are not subject to tonight's deadline.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
I think Crow can sign up until next year's draft because he played for an indy league team, indy league guys and college seniors are not subject to tonight's deadline.

Let's use the money we allocated for Morgado and others to go get some of those Cuban defectors.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 12:28 AM)
The Sox aren't even going to be thinking about starting pitching with the rotation they have at this point.

Chapman isn’t an immediate option. 21 years old, with all sorts of control problems. He’d be minor bound until next spring.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:30 PM)
Chapman isn’t an immediate option. 21 years old, with all sorts of control problems. He’d be minor bound until next spring.

He is also going to command eight figures and above. There is no way we put that into a starting pitcher right now.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)

They guy on MLBN, his last name was Mayo I believe, said he can sign until May and KC told him and his agent that they are going to focus on other picks first and then talk to him, so that has a long time to get done

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
He is also going to command eight figures and above. There is no way we put that into a starting pitcher right now.

Yup. With the 4 guys we have right now and Hudson making a mockery of the minor leagues, I'd say the last thing KW is worried about is starting pitching.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 07:34 AM)
Yup. With the 4 guys we have right now and Hudson making a mockery of the minor leagues, I'd say the last thing KW is worried about is starting pitching.

The Red Sox about 1-2 months ago thought they had an endless supply of SPs, granted that involved some older pitchers as well, but that can go away quickly. If there is mutual interest and the Sox think it's a reasonable contract they should jump all over him

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
Morgado is getting bad advice, he is also coming off TJ surgery and we were probably offering second round type money. He will not be drafted that high next year, no chance.

I completely agree. I think his agent f***ed him over big-time. But he also screwed himself over.