Official Buyer or Seller Thread

GreatScott82

Buyer of Seller or perhaps Both?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. The White Sox are below .500 but are only 4 games behind Detroit for the division lead. Will the White Sox BUY or SELL before this year's trade deadline?

• Buy. KW will take advantage of the weak AL Central by going for it once again.
    • Sell. KW understands the future is much more important than one last crack at it with our aging veterans. Goodbye Dye, Dotel and Contreras!
    • Both. KW is too stubborn to not go for it and get younger at the same time. He will trade away some of the veterans, but also make some trades that could help us this year and the future Sox.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
Isn't the main complaint about him the same as Josh Fields?

Inability to hit quality, "plus" major league FB's or even anything 88-89+ on a consistent basis?

I've always thought his problems were similar to Fields in that he has a lot of talent and raw ability (reasons for success in high school, college, minors, etc.), but has bad fundamentals and slow bats (hence not being able to hit major league fastballs). Plus, both look very tense up there, like they aren't ready to hit.

Edited by BearSox

At 42-40, the Sox have clearly made a run after being under .500 by several games. Now, they need to finish the half strong at home. Assuming the White Sox continue to stay close to Detroit, I don't think the Sox sell, especially considering that Contreras, Dotel, Thome and Dye (with the option) are off the books after the season which is much different than having to pay for another year.

I'm not sure I necessarily see the White Sox buying either though. Carlos Quentin coming back will hopefully be as good an offensive addition that can be made, and a healthy Contreras seems to have stabilized the backend of the starting rotation. Maybe he adds another bullpen arm to replace Gobble, but there doesn't seem to be any impact players available whom Williams can land.