Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Circus trip doesn't look as bad as the stretch in late January/early Feb loaded up with 7 sets of back to back games, a 7 game road trip out west including a back to back with Phoenix and Houston, and appearances by Boston, Orl, Atl, MIA, and Philly from the East leading in to the AS Break. The Bulls have 10 B2B sets in January and Feb.

Bulls have a hell of a schedule to get through this year. I would've said that even if we had Ben Gordon still on the squad and even a Bosh or Amare. Gee, talk about a rough schedule. Bulls have 23 back to backs this year. Thanks to some RealGMers, here's an extensive look at how difficult it would be:

1. Not an easy start or easy finish. Four of the first five to start are against playoff teams. Last five are either against top teams at home or road games.

2. As Duck said Bulls from 1/14 to 2/9, Bulls play 11 road games and only three home games.

3. Bulls have FOUR sets of four games/five nights/four cities. Those are brutal.

4. Bulls have two 6+ road game trips and only one 6+ home stand. On that home stand, they have Boston, LA and Atlanta. No favors with any stretch of winnable home games.

Damn it's going to be tough this year.

Yep, with 23 back to back's and 2 road trips with 6 or more games, it's going to be just that bit harder for them to make the lower spots for the playoffs in the East this season.

Compare them to 2 teams they'll likely be competing with, Toronto and Washington.

The max road trip for those 2 teams is 4 games and they have 21 B2B's.

Doesn't sound like much, but it can make the difference come the end of the season.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 02:17 AM)
Yep, with 23 back to back's and 2 road trips with 6 or more games, it's going to be just that bit harder for them to make the lower spots for the playoffs in the East this season.

On the other hand though...their schedule eases up somewhat down the stretch compared to Jan/Feb. That can give a team a push at the end; the Bulls last year were out of the hunt until late in the season.

Finally. 10 games is a joke and I love Rashard as a player. The testing in the NBA is a joke and so is the penalty. Apparently, this has to be the second time he tested positive. Told some of you guys(not many here though), that steroids do benefit more than NFL and MLB players. Until they test for HGH though, LeBron probably won't be caught.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
Finally. 10 games is a joke and I love Rashard as a player. The testing in the NBA is a joke and so is the penalty. Apparently, this has to be the second time he tested positive. Told some of you guys(not many here though), that steroids do benefit more than NFL and MLB players. Until they test for HGH though, LeBron probably won't be caught.

I've been of the same line of thought for years. MLB denied that steroids could help them for the longest time too. The NBA probably has a worse steroid problem than baseball does right now, just because their testing program is so weak.

Rashard didn't know what he was taking was banned on the NBA Drugs Policy FWIW, but he should have definitely known better than that.

It's a blow because we'll have to start 2 out of Pietrus / Bass / Barnes now, or Ryan Anderson could even start at the 4 from the start of the season.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 08:48 PM)
Rashard didn't know what he was taking was banned on the NBA Drugs Policy FWIW, but he should have definitely known better than that.

And I should believe that because I've never heard it from an athlete before?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)

It's a blow because we'll have to start 2 out of Pietrus / Bass / Barnes now, or Ryan Anderson could even start at the 4 from the start of the season.

According to hoopedia, per the CBA, you only get suspended if caught twice.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)

I accidentally used my practice bat

I have never failed a test

My trainer gave it to me, I thought it was ok

Or, you can just be the Williams twins and get a lawyer

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)

I'm not saying you should obviously, I'm only saying what has been reported, such as this;

There are many banned substances on the league's list that can be found in common cold medications to vitamins to supplements.

He made a mistake, and owned up to it. Don't really see that it's that big of a deal.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
According to hoopedia, per the CBA, you only get suspended if caught twice.

I found this, so I dunno which one is right;

The Collective Bargaining Agreement calls for a first positive test for performance enhancing drugs (SPEDS or "Steroids or Performance Enhancing Drugs" in NBA parlance) to be accompanied by a ten-game suspension and treatment in the league's SPED program. (A second failed test means a 25-game suspension, a third a year suspension, and a fourth banishment from the league.)

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
I found this, so I dunno which one is right;

I thought about what you said, but then today on Around the Horn they were discussing it and they said he knew what it was right away that triggered the positive test because he was warned by the league before.