Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
What do you think the Blazers would offer for Hinrich?

Probably Steve Blake actually.

Although I don't think it's real that good of an idea for Portland, as I don't think Hinrich is really a $5M better player than Blake ATM.

Sounds like the Blazers are going to go after David Lee on a sign and trade deal now.

If I was the Bulls, I'd look at either Anthony Parker or Linus Kleiza if the price was right as replacements for Ben Gordon.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:00 AM)
Flame away, but I'd sigh AI for a year if he is willing.

Otherwise, in a year, we are probably looking at a lottery pick plus/hopefully Wade and Bosh. Either/or

Lemme ask this question to Bulls fans.... Would you rather AI or Nate Robinson on a 1 year deal?

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
Lemme ask this question to Bulls fans.... Would you rather AI or Nate Robinson on a 1 year deal?

Robinson. I want no part of AI without having a tough veteran coach, and I don't think Vinnie is up to the task.

I think AI to the Bobcats makes the most sense for both parties.

Larry Brown can control him, and AI could start next to Felton.

And he'll put butts in seats in Charlotte which has been a problem for that team.

Memphis should stay well away, as they've got Mayo at the 2 spot.

I'm very wary of Nate Robinson though because if Mike D'Antoni thinks you shoot too much, well that's a big red flag IMO.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Hedo Turkoglu is signing with Toronto spurning Portland.

That team could very well be back in the playoffs next season because;

1 - Bosh will want to play very well in a "contract" year.

2 - Hedo is an upgrade on Marion on the offensive end.

3 - If Calderon is healthy, he'll be back to his 07-08 form.

4 - The played well under Triano at the end of the season.

Crap. There goes any chance of them trading Bosh.

If those were the only two options at gunpoint, I'd choose Krypto-Nate. But I don't think either is a great fit. AI showed a complete lack of maturity when he didn't start, and diminishing skills when he did. Nate is a chucker with a selfish attitude. I realize you have to have a certain swagger when you're that small just to make it to the NBA, but he takes it too far at times, imho.

Before either of them, I'd rather the Bulls pick up someone like Flip Murray, Rashad McCants, Von Wafer, guys who can be a "microwave" scorer off the bench, or a low risk/high reward pick up like Rodney Carney or Marquis Daniels. Morris Almond would've been a great make-good pickup, but the Knicks already signed him. He was an elite scorer in college at Rice and in the NBDL who couldn't get a shot under Jerry Sloan.

They may give DeMarcus Nelson or Anthony Roberson a chance. Roberson was okay, almost Pargo-like, in limited minutes last season. Nelson had some decent games with GS before the Bulls signed him.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)

I don't want AI anywhere near the Bulls...he's a has been with a crappy attitude,he's a bad influence on a young team,IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
Flame away, but I'd sigh AI for a year if he is willing.

Otherwise, in a year, we are probably looking at a lottery pick plus/hopefully Wade and Bosh. Either/or

Didn't he say he wants to stay in Miami, and if he doesn't, he doesn't want to play here?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 06:00 AM)
Didn't he say he wants to stay in Miami, and if he doesn't, he doesn't want to play here?

Yeah he did.

It wouldn't surprise me to see either Amare or Bosh play alongisde Wade in Miami from 2011 onwards, and that makes them an instant contender if they happens (Wade, Bosh, Beasley, Chalmers is a very nice core to build around).

Truthfully, i'd like neither.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 06:42 AM)
Yeah he did.

It wouldn't surprise me to see either Amare or Bosh play alongisde Wade in Miami from 2011 onwards, and that makes them an instant contender if they happens (Wade, Bosh, Beasley, Chalmers is a very nice core to build around).

From what I've read, Wade no wants part of Miami due to Beasley & Chalmers...something about them being immature.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
Truthfully, i'd like neither.

From what I've read, Wade no wants part of Miami due to Beasley & Chalmers...something about them being immature.

Wade is just tired of being the only veteran leader out there and is pretty much demanding the Heat to make a deal for another veteran talent or he's not resigning. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Beasley is dealt this offseason.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
I'd love Bosh. Is he worth the max deal? Probably not. But in 2010, a handful of guys are going to get that.

Quite frankly, yeah, I think Chris Bosh is as worthy or a max deal as anyone on the 2010 FA list.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:42 AM)
Yeah he did.

can anyone post a link with a quote? Because that is news to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Quite frankly, yeah, I think Chris Bosh is as worthy or a max deal as anyone on the 2010 FA list.

Bosh is a 20-10 guy + a block or 2 but he's been known to be pretty damn soft.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
can anyone post a link with a quote? Because that is news to me.

Fathom told me that this past year, so I took his word for it.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
Fathom told me that this past year, so I took his word for it.

Bosh wants to play in Chicago. I've heard that from some of my GT sources, and there was also a mention of it in ESPN Magazine

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Sheed signed with the Celtics. This could be a ridiculous year for the NBA with teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Cavaliers, Spurs, Magic etc all loaded up.

not sure how the magic are part of that list when they gained Vince, but lost Hedo.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
not sure how the magic are part of that list when they gained Vince, but lost Hedo.

Player A: 16.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.9 apg, .8 spg, .2 bpg, .413 FG%, .356 3PT%

Player B: 20.8 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1 spg, .5 bpg, .437 FG%, .385 3PT%

If you haven't guessed, player A is Hedo, and player B is Vince.

Vince is the perfect SG for the Magic, he's an excellent 3 point shooter and one of the best passers in the league.

Rasheed would have also been perfect playing next to Howard, but the Magic might also be smart to talk to the Heat about adding Udonis Haslem. Haslem has a jumper that can keep his defender honest while freeing up Dwight for the rebound. He will also do all the small things with his hustle and not worry about touches.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Player A: 16.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.9 apg, .8 spg, .2 bpg, .413 FG%, .356 3PT%

Player B: 20.8 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1 spg, .5 bpg, .437 FG%, .385 3PT%

If you haven't guessed, player A is Hedo, and player B is Vince.

Vince is the perfect SG for the Magic, he's an excellent 3 point shooter and one of the best passers in the league.

Rasheed would have also been perfect playing next to Howard, but the Magic might also be smart to talk to the Heat about adding Udonis Haslem. Haslem has a jumper that can keep his defender honest while freeing up Dwight for the rebound. He will also do all the small things with his hustle and not worry about touches.

That's an upgrade , but a slight upgrade and adding a piece without losing much are two very different things.

Not getting Sheed and him going to the Celts is a huge blow.

Frankly I'm a little surprised that he decided to go to the Celts where he'll play off the bench when he could have gotten a starting spot with either the Magic or Spurs.

As for us, we'll go hard after Brandon Bass now, and we're still gonna go into the luxury tax.

And SVG loves Haslem Palehosefan, but we've tried to get him before and Pat Riley hasn't come to the party.

Probably more likely to target him when he hits FA.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
That's an upgrade , but a slight upgrade and adding a piece without losing much are two very different things.

Who takes over at SF for the Magic next season? Cover Turkoglu's minutes with someone who's at least average and putting Carter at SG will be a major upgrade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 01:58 AM)
Who takes over at SF for the Magic next season? Cover Turkoglu's minutes with someone who's at least average and putting Carter at SG will be a major upgrade.

If the Magic sign a PF, Lewis move to the 3 spot, and you've got Pietrus and Redick playing off the bench.

People will say that Carter + a FA like Bass is

1 - If the Magic had signed Hedo to that 5/56 deal, there's no way they could have afforded to keep Gortat when he's getting the full MLE. Would have been one or the other.

2 - The Magic HAD to deal Alston. I've got no doubt he would have complained about his role as a backup if he was kept.

Right now I think the Magic could actually go after Glen Davis and try to make the Celtics weaker after they signed Sheed. His mid range game wouldn't look bad at the PF spot next to Dwight.