6/19 Sox @ Cin - 6:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
Look at this lineup we have right now. You can't expect it to do much damage against a RHP, especially with Dye injured and PK's ability in doubt. I'm sure Arroyo got excited when he saw we had TWO lefties in the lineup tonight.

Paulie belted a hard FB, that alone should tell us he's okay to turn and rip a pitch. Last year when he was in his funk he'd have had no shot at hitting that type of pitch (even though it was a cookie the velocity would have killed his thumb).

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 06:58 PM)
Arroyo is the worst of the three starters we're gonna face. We're SCREWED.

Doesn't mean much. Every game's a new beginning. Who's to say the other starters will have their stuff or we wont get good starting pitching. It's not like the Reds are a good hitting team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 02:01 AM)
Paulie belted a hard FB, that alone should tell us he's okay to turn and rip a pitch. Last year when he was in his funk he'd have had no shot at hitting that type of pitch (even though it was a cookie the velocity would have killed his thumb).

I think it's more mental with him, and that he has to convince himself he can turn on an inside fastball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
I think it's more mental with him, and that he has to convince himself he can turn on an inside fastball.

So now your a psychoanalyst too ? ;) He was looking 1st pitch fastball, he got 1st pitch fastball . He turned on 1st pitch fastball. His head is fine, his bat is fine. His thumb maybe not so fine.

1st Reds victory over the Sox in 10 games.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)

It didn't matter if that fastball was 150 mph, it wouldn't hurt. There's something special about hitting a ball on the sweet spot of the bat, you don't feel a thing.

this goes back to my original post tonight, How many one run games have we lost this season? To me that stat is one of the most telling about a ball club

I agree. What was our record in one run games in our WS title season? We can blame injuries or whatever, but so far this season has been blah.