6/19 Sox @ Cin - 6:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
Long home run to make it 3-2. Jose's out of gas.

I doubt he's out of gas. He likes the hot humid weather and he's pitched 16 innings in his last 2 starts. He isn't locating well and forkball isn't forking quite as well. I think he can get out of this inning but if he does Ozzie will put him out there again.

Contreras is always so fragile with his stuff and his confidence.

Tonight, it appears he's lost the aggressiveness he had his last two starts. When he works more quickly and trusts his stuff and goes after hitters instead of tentatively nibbling, he's a heckuva pitcher.

Still, a "quality start" and you shouldn't expect to win many road games with 2 hits.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 02:06 AM)
Jose was either out of gas or he was questioning himself again. I'd rather have it be the first.

Yep, he went back to throwing that weak sidearm stuff again. He's lucky to only allow 3 runs tonight.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
I realize Soxtalk is not one collective voice but you hear so many calls for a youth movement, and when a solid yet unspectacular player like Getz struggles you hear calls for him to be sent down. Just so odd that people can't see his talent.

Odd... more like f***ing obnoxious IMO.

Well...it's almost where the mentality is you expect to leave runners on 2nd and 3rd with less than two outs with this team.

Better to be pleasantly surprised with a hit I suppose.

Beckham let a fastball he could have crushed go by on the first pitch and then looked pretty bad swinging and missing two hittable pitches. "Work in progress."