6/19 Sox @ Cin - 6:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Not at all. Just have seen too much up and down from Jose over the years that I think it makes sense to trade him for the right offer if it comes along.

Do people really think other teams don't see the same damn thing? Nobody is going to give up much for him and we'd probably have to eat some of his remaining salary anyway. Pointless.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Do people really think other teams don't see the same damn thing? Nobody is going to give up much for him and we'd probably have to eat some of his remaining salary anyway. Pointless.

Relax. I did not say dump him. I said listen to offers. I have seen many silly trades made at the trade deadline in the past so you never know what some dumb/desperate GM might pony up to everyone's surprise. In this economic climate it is far less likely, but if Jose keeps up the dominance and the Sox are still wasting efforts a la yesterday, then you might be able to get something of value for the future, even if it is just payroll flexibility.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
Saying that the Reds have been brutal offensively is being too kind. Willy Taveras is 1 for his last 46? WTF? I don't know what the hell is wrong with Jay Bruce. Other than Brandon Phillips, there's nobody doing a thing for them offensively.

Laynce Nix has been money for them this season (although by looking at his stats, he's seemed to have really cooled down in the past month).