6/19 Sox @ Cin - 6:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shingofan69 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
How many one run games have we lost this season? Dotel was good in the beginning of the season, but Linebrink hasn't had it for a while

Welcome to Soxtalk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 01:34 AM)
I love the way we always mock the NL or say certain pitchers will thrive in the NL when we have not exactly played well against the NL this season.

Our starting pitching has dominated the NL so far. ERA has to be near 1.25 against NL teams from our starters.

5-4 if we lose this (and that's with most of our best players banged up or out)

Better than I thought. I am out. I will take my bad mood elsewhere. Royals are getting pounded by the Cards, 10-1 at home. Another big crowd with nothing to cheer about from the get-go at the K.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
What's sickening is that Ozzie is making Dusty look like a real good manager tonight. Played right into the Reds plans by having two straight lefties for Rhodes to face.

Yea Baker has match up cards and knew the Sox would PH Thome . So Ozzie played right into Baker's hand. If you announce Wise as the PH see if Baker changes pitchers and if he does you waste Wise , no big deal and have Nix face the lefty then. If he keeps Arroyo in then you have the matchup with Wise against Arroyo.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)
2 of 3 vs Pitt

2 of 3 vs Mil

1 of 2 vs Cubs

Realistically, we should be 7-1 in those games, easily. Jenks' blown save in the 9th against PITT and then the debacle yesterday.

It's not like we have been overmatched in any of those games, even with some scary-bad looking line-ups in the NL parks.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 02:42 AM)
I was at the Brewers game on Friday and he was hitting 96 on the gun in the park, just FWIW.

That's good...how did you like Miller Park? Haven't been there, but heard great things.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Realistically, we should be 7-1 in those games, easily. Jenks' blown save in the 9th against PITT and then the debacle yesterday.

It's not like we have been overmatched in any of those games, even with some scary-bad looking line-ups in the NL parks.

Well Win 60 lose 60 and what we do with the 42 will matter, but we keep on loosing.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 01:45 AM)
Really nice. The OF is a little much with Ads EVERYWHERE(sort of looks like a minor league OF) but the ballpark itself is fantastic.

Yeah, I don't like that outfield from left-center to right-center. It's like they ran out of ideas or money to continue building out there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
So yeah, after watching 1 1/2 batters, I stand by my belief that Poreda's best possibility to help the Sox is as trade bait. He reminds me so much of Neal Cotts.

so basically trade him now, that his value is at his highest?

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)
so basically trade him now, that his value is at his highest?

Yep, and I believe KW feels the same. It just doesn't seem like he'd ever be able to get past 5 innings without throwing 100 pitches.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
So yeah, after watching 1 1/2 batters, I stand by my belief that Poreda's best possibility to help the Sox is as trade bait. He reminds me so much of Neal Cotts.

He looks like him a little.