Cubs @ Sox 3:05 6-26

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
can you imagine how nasty thornton would be with a 75 mph change?

He would pretty much be Johan Santana. What lefty that throws heat and has a 20 mph difference on a change WOULDN'T be nasty?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
OC sucks s*** this year, no thanks. .243/.289/.313, .602 OPS. No hot streaks either, he's been consistently bad.

I'm talking about fielding.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Said it many times. That up the middle combo needs that communication on the field. You can't do that with a guy who speaks little english. I still see a Slayer-Getz combo next year, despite what Ozzie says about Alexei's SS abilities.

Going by Ozzie's comments last night and this afternoon, he doesn't sound too happy with Alexei's defense this year. At all.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
He would pretty much be Johan Santana. What lefty that throws heat and has a 20 mph difference on a change WOULDN'T be nasty?

Why did Buehrle help Danks with a changeup but neither Danks or Buehrle can help Thornton with one?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
Why did Buehrle help Danks with a changeup but neither Danks or Buehrle can help Thornton with one?

I thought Buehrle helped Danks with a cutter and Danks was already refining the changeup. In any case there is no pitcher on the Sox who has that sharp of a difference between their fastball and their changeup, righty or lefty. That I know of anyway. Maybe Javy was close.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)

What if he also had a knee buckling curve though? :P