Cubs @ Sox 3:05 6-26

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't even close to being called a strike.

And God damn it A.J.

I was telling myself that this A.J. and Marshall matchup is really bad and that if A.J. was to succeed, he has to be patient. A.J. likes to swing at everything and DPs are almost his forte against a sinker-balling lefty. What do you know? First pitch, double play.

Man this game was more than winnable.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
Great job by the ump to make that plate an extra foot wide in the 9th.

All I can say is that Ump must be a Cubs fan. That was flat out just a bad call for the strike 3 on Pods. But, he was calling them wide on Sox hitters a lot

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
What was the count on Pods there?

2-2.

He shouldn't have swung the pitch before. That ball was well outside.

I would have loved to see Alexei against Gregg. Alexei can definitely deal a big blow to his 91 MPH straight fastball.

QUOTE (sayitaintso @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
Why does AJ always feel the need to swing at the first pitch with bases loaded and 1 out? You would think someone would tell him to take a pitch. Just go take the next 2 games from em boys.

I don't know. But why didn't Ozzie pinch run Wise for Dye in the 8th? Wise scores on Thome's ball easily. It took Freel a year to get there and Dye still didn't score.

Tough tough loss.

Sure wish AJP would have lofted a game tying sacrifice fly. You could see it coming and wham, first pitch, we are done for the inning.

After the great series against the Dodgers, disappointing to drop game one again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
I don't know. But why didn't Ozzie pinch run Wise for Dye in the 8th? Wise scores on Thome's ball easily. It took Freel a year to get there and Dye still didn't score.

Because if we took Konerko/Thome/Dye out of every single game in the late innings for pinch-runners, we'd have absolutely ZERO chance of scoring in a game like yesterday's in extra innings.

Second, normally you would make that move for the winning or go ahead run, but it's not so obvious there.