6/29 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland

knightni

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, with LEE pitching, Ozzie will overload with righties and also use Castro and Anderson.

Only one thing is for certain, your guy Betemit won't be in the line-up against Clifford.

He could go really crazy and stick Nix or Fields in LF if Alexei is ready to play.

Well...was worried if we were leading by 4 or more that the bullpen would struggle....lo and behold.

Jenks is MUCH more valuable to this franchise than I give him credit for sometimes...because Thornton/Linebrink closing has disaster written all over it. Would almost rather see Omogrosso in that role, but not QUITE.

Edited by caulfield12

Getz and Beckham turned out to have the key insurance RBI's of the game, as it turned out.

Don't think they would have scored 3 against BBBJ though.

That Indians' line-up has so much talent, they outscore us by 1 RPG, it's a shame for their fans they don't have a better manager.

By the way, how in God's name does Delmon Young have a 595 OPS??? Just wow. We can partially thank Bill Smith for our 2008 ALCD championship...that and holding onto Livan Hernandez too long over Liriano and getting NOTHING in return for the best pitcher in baseball, Johan Santana.

Edited by caulfield12

That's why they call 'em insurance runs. Hope the guys quietly celebrate the return to .500 and don't feel bad that the Tribe came back in the bottom of the ninth a bit.

I only say this cause I didn't see it on TV and saw a post that said it looked like our guys were deflated, I assume coming off the field on TV.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Getz and Beckham turned out to have the key insurance RBI's of the game, as it turned out.

Don't think they would have scored 3 against BBBJ though.

That Indians' line-up has so much talent, they outscore us by 1 RPG, it's a shame for their fans they don't have a better manager.

By the way, how in God's name does Delmon Young have a 595 OPS??? Just wow. We can partially thank Bill Smith for our 2008 ALCD championship...that and holding onto Livan Hernandez too long over Liriano and getting NOTHING in return for the best pitcher in baseball, Johan Santana.

Good luck finding a manager that could win with that rotation sans Cliff Lee.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
It will be interesting to see if he uses Beckham or Nix at SS tomorrow.

Playing Beckham with Fields at 3B would work, but I think they will go with Jayson, for fear of upsetting the confidence Beckham has growing more comfortable by the day at third.

Beckham is just getting comfortable, it would be a mistake to move him around the diamond now.