Lou Pinella wins something

knightni

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
Sounds to me like the players polled are a bunch of pussies. Why is everyone so scared of Ozzie??? Because he's not afraid to tell you when you play like horse s***? What a bunch of thin skinned little girls...

Could it be his brilliance is using the bullpen? Could it be benching players for seemingly factors other than on the field? :huh

Read a few game threads and see how often fans question some of the s***, then be a guy on the bench. I'm not certain it is "being a p****", but it seems you share his enlightened attitudes about men, women, and sexuality.

Could it be his brilliance is using the bullpen? Could it be benching players for seemingly factors other than on the field? :huh

Read a few game threads and see how often fans question some of the s***, then be a guy on the bench. I'm not certain it is "being a p****", but it seems you share his enlightened attitudes about men, women, and sexuality.

Then it makes complete sense that Dye, Thome, Buehrle, Konerko, Jenks and Thornton have wanted out so bad because Ozzie is so terrible. I have no respect for that poll or the person who polled those players. It also has zero credibility, IMO, since the poll was taken right after Piniella's problem with Bradley. Every manager has a problem with some players every now and then, to crucify Lou because Bradley blows is ridiculous.

As for Ozzie, tt's not because of his ingame decisions or bullpen management, Ozzie has a reputation around the league apparently, and non-Sox players have bought into it. I'm sorry, but that's bush league and this poll is absolutely bush league. And I do reserve the right to call the players who don't want to play for Ozziie buttheads.Even if the poll is anonymous, a player should not answer a question like "who would you least want to play for?". Just answering that question is bush league, Ozzie or not. All it does is insult Ozzie, the White Sox organization, the White Sox fans, and the White Sox players who enjoy playing for Ozzie. Same with Piniella and the Cubs. And it also shows me that Ozzie has an unfair reputation compared to "quiet" managers like Scioscia and Maddon.

By the way, when you put large groups of fans together chatting about every game in a 162 game season, you're going to see plenty of "pissed off fans" who take every little detail of every game and blow it out of proportion. I challenge you to visit any message board of any team that's been struggling and not find a thread about the manager and how he should be tortured and killed or at least fired. When you're struggling, everything gets put under a magnifying glass. Every manager makes a lot of decisions in any given game, and some of them are bound to not work.

Edited by SHIPPS

these polls are mostly a joke, IMO. From what I've read, most players don't answer honestly, and most of them make a joke out of it. IIRC, a couple years ago there was a vote on least liked baseball player, and I think they asked players on the White Sox who they voted for, and they all said Pierzynski.

All of those managers are easy to dislike, but they win, and that's what counts.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
And I do reserve the right to call the players who don't want to play for Ozzie This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Fine, but you won't call them that here. Try to use your adult, public vocabulary.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Nice of you to edit my post with words like p****, b**** and douche bag. I'm sure you would have preferred if I used some actual derogatory words that I won't even say here. Grow some skin.

Oh yeah and you missed one here dude.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72204

You have a problem with this let us know.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Nice of you to edit my post with words like p****, b**** and douche bag. I'm sure you would have preferred if I used some actual derogatory words that I won't even say here. Grow some skin.

Oh yeah and you missed one here dude.

You are welcome. Saved you a suspension. You may not know this but we have adults and women who read these threads, people who log on while at work.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
You are welcome. Saved you a suspension. You may not know this but we have adults and women who read these threads, people who log on while at work.

Are his posts somehow worse than the dick sucking and ass-raping being discussed in the SLAM thread?

I'd absolutely LOVE to play for Ozzie.

I'm not a fan of Ozzie at all, so to each his own, even considering he's the baby of that group, but seriously.. Joe Torre?! C'mon. I can understand LaRussa though, just very surprised seeing Torre's name on there, which is crazy.

FYI: I'd love to play for Sweet Lou. :)

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
Are his posts somehow worse than the dick sucking and ass-raping being discussed in the SLAM thread?

Those were addressed also. Most of the time, it isn't the post, it is the reaction to having stuff deleted, moved, edited that steps over the line.

As much as I like to hate everything Hawk says, I believe he was spot on yesterday. He was talking about this poll and saying that it says a lot about the players today, basically how they're p*****s and care more about personal stats than winning.

EDIT: Censored myself before someone else has to do it.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
As much as I like to hate everything Hawk says, I believe he was spot on yesterday. He was talking about this poll and saying that it says a lot about the players today, basically how they're p*****s and care more about personal stats than winning.

EDIT: Censored myself before someone else has to do it.

I think the players believe they are professionals and do not need much in the way of motivation or coaching. I think it also reflects how baseball is such a business today. And just like most other people in the work force, they would rather not work for someone who is erratic and demeaning.

I have worked independently for so long, and pretty much a self starter, I do not need someone yelling at me to do a better job, swearing at me, or any of that stuff. Perhaps others do. I can work hard on my own. I can also see how some players would respond better to different circumstances. Some need quiet, confidence inspiring leadership and some need a kick in the ass.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
I think the players believe they are professionals and do not need much in the way of motivation or coaching. I think it also reflects how baseball is such a business today. And just like most other people in the work force, they would rather not work for someone who is erratic and demeaning.

I have worked independently for so long, and pretty much a self starter, I do not need someone yelling at me to do a better job, swearing at me, or any of that stuff. Perhaps others do. I can work hard on my own. I can also see how some players would respond better to different circumstances. Some need quiet, confidence inspiring leadership and some need a kick in the ass.

I think your circumstances are a little different than a major leaguer. It is a team sport, and a manager is necessary for a team. When a player starts his own team and plays single-handedly against an entire team, then your point might make sense. But until then, a team of players needs a person at the helm to coordinate everything, and these players decided they wouldn't like to play for some of the most proven, winningest managers in the game.