What's the best seats you've ever had at the Cell?

Marky Mark

The best seats we had at the cell had to be back in the early days of "New Comiskey Park" in either 1991 or 1992 but I don't remeber excactly. What I do remember was that I took my nephew who was about 3 or 4 years old at the time to his first Sox game. This was a big deal since my older brother is a cub fan and I wanted my newphew to see a real game and not a smelly beer garden! The Sox were hosting the A's and a cousins got us tickets 1st row box seats even with the 1st base!

What made this game ultra special was that my toddler nephew got 2 foul balls in the same inning! I was telling my nephew to yell out the last name of the 1st base coach for both teams as they might give him a ball should they catch one. Sure enough he caught there attention and they waved. In the top half of the 5th one of the A's hit a foul down the rightfield line and the sox 1st base coach caught it an pointed to my nephew and then tossed the ball to me for him. We were both thrilled! Then in the bottom of the same inning it happend again but this time it was the A's 1st base coach who snagged a foul ball and walked over and handed it to my nephew who later gave me one of his two fould balls!

Friends of mine recently gave me two tickets to the Scouts Seats 6th row.... pretty cool experience with the waiter at your seat with all you can eat AND DRINK, restaurant behind the seats and great view... but lost a little bit of the US Cellular feel and would have had to leave to get corn!

Not to say I wouldnt immediately take them again :D... just not every time I go to a game.

EDIT: Usually thought I can get right on the far corner of the Sox dugout a few seats down. Those are some awesome seats, prefect place to yell to Cox and harass a 3rd basemen.

Edited by ChiSox420*

Not at the Cell, but when Milwaukee was still in the A.L. I had "Bud's seats" first row, right next to the Sox on-deck circle. Most notable that day was Ozzie had one of those days where he just crushed the ball, all right at someone or was a victim of what would later be known as a sportscenter play of the day. The fourth time he came to bat, with runners on first and third, he lined one up the middle, which was caught, and the guy at first was doubled up. Oz, running towards the dugout, takes his helmet off with two hands, flings it at the dugout wall as he was running and yells "f*** this mutherf***ing game". I replied, loudly, "his English has come a long way".

I also sat in the old Milwaukee press box, which was turned into a "suite" with my son for a couple games. The company I worked for leased all their cars from Selig leasing and they took care of us a few times a year.

At the Cell, never anything spectacular.

I've sat first row behind the Sox dugout on opening day, but the best seats were about 8 rows back behind the visiting dugout in 2000. The Sox were beating up on Seattle to the sum of about 19-4. Graffanino hit a grand slam that day even. Well, Piniella kept going out to get pitchers and after going to talk to one in about the sixth he's heading back to the dugout. Of course, we were all giving it to him pretty good. He looks up at us, throws his hands up in the air and shrugs his shoulders, like, "What can I do?" Awesome!

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 01:49 AM)
Front row behind home plate when I was pretty young. Sat next to Sarah Jessica Parker, actually. She's a b****.

i stopped on your post, and didn't keep scrolling because i'd forgotten what i was going to say. who the f*** is THAT?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
who the f*** is THAT?

Matthew Broderick's wife, best known for playing the main character on Sex and the City.

The best seats I had at the old ballpark were about 15th row behind the plate, back in 1984. Kittle crushed a shot into the LF upper deck and it looked like it was never coming back down. I still miss Old Comiskey. The upper deck seats were actually better than most of those in the lower deck.

I had 30th row (or so) behind the plate at the new ballpark back in 2000, courtesy of my friend's girlfriend who worked in the front office. The seats were nice and all, but the best part was the tour of the facilities afterwards and we got to walk around on the field (I tried to make a call to the 'pen from the visitor's dugout). Also go to see Bernie Williams and Jose Valentin close up in the front office lobby. The best actual seats that I've had at the new ballpark were Club Section on the 3rd base side for one of the Cubs/Sox games back in '98. Nothing to write home about, but I got to meet Nancy Faust (and, unfortunately, Bruce Wolf as well) before the game.

Edited by WCSox