Jared Mitchell Signs

GLOAD is GOD

The Sox took awhile with Beckham, too. My guess Mitchell signs a week before the Aug. 15 deadline. He will probably start in Kanny just like Gordon did. They probably want to give the kid a break after non-stop sporting activity this year (from football to baseball, how many days off has he actually had?)

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
The Sox took awhile with Beckham, too. My guess Mitchell signs a week before the Aug. 15 deadline. He will probably start in Kanny just like Gordon did. They probably want to give the kid a break after non-stop sporting activity this year (from football to baseball, how many days off has he actually had?)

didn't play football this season

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
didn't play football this season

JUNIOR SEASON (2008)

Saw action in all 12 games as a backup wide receiver ... Pulled in nine catches for 106 yards ... Caught one pass for a season-long 21 yards against Ole Miss ... Reeled in one pass for 15 yards against Troy and caught one pass for 19 yards against Appalachian State ... Hauled in two passes for 16 yards against North Texas ... Pulled in two catches for 16 yards against Auburn ... Tied a season high with two catches for 19 yards in the Chick-fil-A Bowl versus Georgia Tech

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
JUNIOR SEASON (2008)

Saw action in all 12 games as a backup wide receiver ... Pulled in nine catches for 106 yards ... Caught one pass for a season-long 21 yards against Ole Miss ... Reeled in one pass for 15 yards against Troy and caught one pass for 19 yards against Appalachian State ... Hauled in two passes for 16 yards against North Texas ... Pulled in two catches for 16 yards against Auburn ... Tied a season high with two catches for 19 yards in the Chick-fil-A Bowl versus Georgia Tech

Correct, I think what the other poster heard was he didn't participate in spring football activities this year.

Mitchell even had a quote someone posted on the board that winning the WS and MOP were a great way to end his career, so it sounds like he intends to sign

Most guys go to indy ball (though that's usually for pitchers) if they don't sign as a 1st-round junior though. His LSU career is almost certainly over, but that doesn't always mean a guy will sign. That said, I'm not worried about Mitchell at all. I'm just saying.

I expect to see some very good things from Jared Mitchell over the next couple of years. I can see it now....Three years from now, Hawk. "Little Carlos Gomez at the plate, Hell of a player, right there, hits the ball sharply to right field, sinking, uh-oh HE WENT TO JARED!!!! YES! HELL YES! What a catch by The (insert slightly clever nickname.)"

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
I exp

ect to see some very good things from Jared Mitchell over the next couple of years. I can see it now....Three years from now, Hawk. "Little Carlos Gomez at the plate, Hell of a player, right there, hits the ball sharply to right field, sinking, uh-oh HE WENT TO JARED!!!! YES! HELL YES! What a catch by The (insert slightly clever nickname.)"

Carlos Gomez will still be in the league in three years time?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
I expect to see some very good things from Jared Mitchell over the next couple of years. I can see it now....Three years from now, Hawk. "Little Carlos Gomez at the plate, Hell of a player, right there, hits the ball sharply to right field, sinking, uh-oh HE WENT TO JARED!!!! YES! HELL YES! What a catch by The 'Jewel Thief'"

In keeping with dumb radio jingles, maybe Hawk gives him a name in honor of Jared, the Galleria of Jewelers?

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
So when does he start? Did they declare when his first day would be?

He reported to Kannapolis last night (Thursday). Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup tonight.