7/8 Game Thread Sox vs. Cleveland 7:11pmCDT WCIU

knightni

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
these indian announcers are killin me...i want me some HELL YEAH

How would you feel about announcing the rest of the season if your team was already selling off parts and 18 games under .500 with half the season still to play out, when they were expected to be in first or second place?

Sure, they're professionals, but it takes a toll on you...everyone is human. Maybe they don't react so viscerally as Harrelson or Santo, but it can't be easy...even though it's a job we'd all LOVE to have, right?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
How would you feel about announcing the rest of the season if your team was already selling off parts and 18 games under .500 with half the season still to play out, when they were expected to be in first or second place?

Sure, they're professionals, but it takes a toll on you...everyone is human. Maybe they don't react so viscerally as Harrelson or Santo, but it can't be easy...even though it's a job we'd all LOVE to have, right?

hey i like being spoiled by the superb announcing of hawk and stoney noone compares in my book

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
hey i like being spoiled by the superb announcing of hawk and stoney noone compares in my book

I like listening to Vin Scully, the D-Backs, Rangers and Giants announcers, but yeah, nothing compares to home cooking when it comes to broadcasting.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 12:31 AM)
I like listening to Vin Scully, the D-Backs, Rangers and Giants announcers, but yeah, nothing compares to home cooking when it comes to broadcasting.

The Dbacks have the best announcer (Sutton)