Obama.

TheBigHurt

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 03:04 AM)
Wow,the debate continues as to why a few rednecks out in the sticks booed Obama?

Who gives a rat's ass.

/filibuster'd

I actually voted for McCain because I believed his conservative economic policy would pull us out of this recession much smoother and cleaner than Obama's would.

But yes, I am a redneck.

/spitsout dip of Grizzly

I normally try and stay out of politics on this board - partly because there are a number of posters that I feel portray how I feel better than I do - but mainly because I come to this board for White Sox, White Sox minor leagues, and then happenings from the rest of baseball, sports, and all the general happenings therefore. I consider this a baseball forum, and I feel it should be treated as such. When politics get involved into a discussion like this, I feel it is an insult to the White Sox major league club. Be f***ing HAPPY that the President of the United States, and arguably the most important man in the world, wore a White Sox coat onto the mound when he threw out the first pitch at the All-Star Game. For f***'s sake, it's as simple as that. Anything more, take it to the f***ing Filibuster. That's what the forum is there for.

/thread

Edited by witesoxfan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To quote:

What company has placed you in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

I work for an offshore drilling contractor, Transocean. I am currently riding a newly built drilling rig from Cape Town, South Africa to Port of Spain, Trinidad or even to the Louisiana coast. The rig was built in Singapore, my relief rode it from there to Cape Town. Rig will be working in the Gulf of Mexico finding new oil and gas by the end of the year.

What's even considered in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean? St Helena? The Azores? Caper Verde Islands?

Well as of now we are about 200 miles north of St. Helena, averaging 9 knots. So I will back home (in Houston) around August 20th or so.

That said, mid-missouri is backwards as f***

Went to school in Rolla, MO and couldn't agree more with this statement.

That said, its pretty cool that the most powerful man in the world, is a Sox fan. Plus I like that jacket.

QUOTE (Shamrock4Life @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 07:00 AM)
I work for an offshore drilling contractor, Transocean. I am currently riding a newly built drilling rig from Cape Town, South Africa to Port of Spain, Trinidad or even to the Louisiana coast. The rig was built in Singapore, my relief rode it from there to Cape Town. Rig will be working in the Gulf of Mexico finding new oil and gas by the end of the year.

This should help you enjoy your experience :D

QUOTE (Crash73 @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 09:15 AM)
I still don't know why ChiSox_Sonix is being given a pass. This is a baseball forum.

Also, I understand not agreeing with policies, but we should all back our president and hope and help him be successful.

That said, I guess my post will be deleted again.

It's really hard to pass up making a comment on this post, but since this isn't the 'Buster I'll restrain myself.

so final thoughts, any boos were probably political, b/c from my experience, most people in STL don't understand that the white sox exist, let alone the fact that they have a weird self absorption with their city and team. When I say i'm from Chicago, they immediately start talking s***, and then i say I'm not a cubs fan, they ask what team, I say white sox, they say "do they hate the cardinals too" and I say we don't give a s*** about the cardinals or most every NL team, they can't comprehend speaking of anything else except St. Louis or the Cardinals or Budweiser, and the conversation quickly ends.

Rinse and Repeat.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
McCain still had more overall votes.

Yes, but, with your map logic, the all-star game was in St. Louis, which was blue as a baby's eyes. The reason it was so close and why he won the primary vs. hill dawg was his support in STL, KC and Columbia/Jeff C, three highest populated areas

I didn't even hear any boos.

I don't think it's a huge issue...

Most people will love the guy, some people will absolutely hate him.

I've never seen so much hate for a president that is already elected. If you somehow read the comments on YouTube about him and the conspiracies those idiots bring up, you'd think the election is coming up in a month.

And BTW, I saw the Costas interview. I think what he did in the rest of the interview really did erase his mispronunciation of Comiksey. I mean, the guy talked about those old Oakland A's teams with Jackson and Fingers. He obviously knows a thing or two about sports. Him making one mistake isn't the end of the world.

I would wager that the Cardinals season ticket holders who ponied up for the all star tickets (which were $$$) are largely from the county (St. Louis County as opposed to St. Louis proper). The county is significantly more red than the city. My wife protested President Bush's appearance and had some awful things said to her.

get-a-brain-morans.jpg