Re-Shuffled Rotation

Cali

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
I have no issue with this. Richard should be 5th, given how poor he's been. I don't care about stacking the lefties - if they pitch well, it won't matter.

The issue isn't where Richard falls in the rotation, it is that Richard is in the rotation at all.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
The issue isn't where Richard falls in the rotation, it is that Richard is in the rotation at all.

OT:God damn Willie is back posting again. W00T! :headbang

ST isn't fooling around with the sexy posters comming back. FOP, SuperSteve, WHarris1, Hammerhead Johnson from time to time.

Now back to on topic, even though Richard has been pitching poorly of late, I still like him. Sure he and Poreda should/could have reversed, but I still think Poreda is still some kind of plan for the brass whether it's moving him along slowly, or trade bait to not reduce value.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
The 3 lefties in a row argues that all 3 lefties won't be there for long.

I fail to see why everyone sees an issue with how many lefties in a row we have in the rotation. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe someone can explain, because right now, I could care less.

I DO care that Richard is still in there, though. I just don't see much from him that I like right now. Its near time to give Poreda or Torres a shot.

I realize Richard has been terrible, but anybody who thinks Poreda is going to come in and do a lot better than him is delusional. He has two pitches at best. Now, it might do some good for Clayton to get some time in the bullpen while we see how Poreda does in the starter's role, but anybody expecting Poreda to come in and pitch well and deep into games is setting themselves up for disappointment.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
I fail to see why everyone sees an issue with how many lefties in a row we have in the rotation. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe someone can explain, because right now, I could care less.

I DO care that Richard is still in there, though. I just don't see much from him that I like right now. Its near time to give Poreda or Torres a shot.

The thing about having 3 lefties in a row, it makes it very tough on you if you face a team that mashes left handed pitching. I just don't see how it makes sense to have the 3 lefties in a row when you can throw a righty in there and make teams at least adjust.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
The thing about having 3 lefties in a row, it makes it very tough on you if you face a team that mashes left handed pitching. I just don't see how it makes sense to have the 3 lefties in a row when you can throw a righty in there and make teams at least adjust.

Also if a team uses a platoon and plays a certain guy vs lefties, that guy may get 3 starts in a row and have his timing perfect by the 3rd day.

I think Colon will be back soon but Clayton gets one more chance. Yeah, he's sucked, but in the past he's also been decent. Pitchers have bad spells. I think if this guy can at least give a quality start his next time out then Gordito will have to acclimate himself to the hot Charlotte summer. Not all good pitchers blow the world away right off the bat. Learning curve is a very real thing in baseball.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 12:10 AM)
I realize Richard has been terrible, but anybody who thinks Poreda is going to come in and do a lot better than him is delusional. He has two pitches at best. Now, it might do some good for Clayton to get some time in the bullpen while we see how Poreda does in the starter's role, but anybody expecting Poreda to come in and pitch well and deep into games is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I want you to watch all the video of how Aaron Poreda has pitched this year, and then watch the video of Clayton Richard. I then want you to read scouting reports on both players, and look at their minor league numbers, thereafter I want you to justify to me how Clayton Richard is decidedly a better option then Aaron Poreda. Also, to all those angry over this rotation, I suspect it’s going to look a bit different in two weeks, not Halladay different, but different.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)

If that is the only reason, then in my view, there is no real reason. The same could be said for 3 righties in a row. Also, if they are bad against lefties, we get a benefit - it equals out. So really, its meaningless.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
The 3 lefties in a row argues that all 3 lefties won't be there for long.

Exactly. I'm the biggest Richard hater here, but I'm not even too angry at this news because it's simply proof that Clayton is not long for this rotation anyways.