Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 06:56 AM)
Last Airbender looks promising. But where's Appa? Maybe they're leaving him out so he doesn't come off like a CGI cross between a buffalo and the Snuffelupagus from Sesame Street.

hopefully they dont reveal everything in the trailers. Holding back movie info in trailers is a lost art

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
I feel like I've been waiting for "Shutter Island" forever

You have. Ha

That movie has been pushed back so many times. I remember seeing the trailer for it over a year ago.

Got around to watching Public Enemies, finally.

Was pretty disappointed. Depp and Bale were solid, but I thought the plot (or execution of the plot) was pretty weak. I didn't find it suspenseful, didn't find it altogether exciting, did not feel any desire for the couple to be together, etc.

It was a decent movie with some local interest. Other than that it was crap.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 13, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
Got around to watching Public Enemies, finally.

Was pretty disappointed. Depp and Bale were solid, but I thought the plot (or execution of the plot) was pretty weak. I didn't find it suspenseful, didn't find it altogether exciting, did not feel any desire for the couple to be together, etc.

It was a decent movie with some local interest. Other than that it was crap.

Reddy was an extra in the theater scene.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 01:04 AM)
I don't think "scary" entered a single review of let the right one in I'd ever said or seen. I think the setting of Sweden did loads for the eeriness, the blood on the snow and the cold in general.

A ton of reviews called it "one of the top ___ horror films in the last ___ years."

I thought it was supposed to be more of a psycholgical thriller as opposed to a horror movie. I didnt see it, but thats what i remember from the reviews I read(I think).

Edited by KyYlE23