Gordon Beckham at 3B

JohnCangelosi

Made me think about how long we want Beckham at 3B?? For me, he has so much more value at 2B or SS because of his ability to drive the ball. Imagine having a stud 3B AND Beckham at 2B or SS??

Hopefully this organization doesn't seen the need for him at 3B beyond this year. We need him at 2B or SS moving forward because it's a serious advantage having a guy who can handle the bat like he can at that position.

To me, he is going to be a GREAT #2 hitter at 2B or SS for his White Sox career.

Thoughts???

Edited by JohnCangelosi

I was going to add that the other thing is that the Sox like Getz and he fits this club very nicely (great role playing starter to have). So currently we have Getz and zero 3rd baseman (Fields blows, Viciedo is still a year away with defensive issues, so yeah, Beckham is the guy considering we have Ramirez and Getz who are capable of being league average to above average at there respected positions).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
He might end up at 2B, but right now he's most important at 3B.

agreed, unless we go get Mark Teahen or Brandon Wood.

Also i can't wait for Morel to continue to develop

I can only see him moving to 2B or SS, I dont really care which on Alexi plays, if the sox acquire or sign some established 3B. Someone outside the organization, but u know that if they dont feel that player is out for them then Beckham is your man at 3B next year as well.