Rays vs Sox (Kazmir vs Buehrle) 1:05CDT CSN

jasonxctf

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
Easy 1-2-3 for Mark.

Has all his pitches working today. I'd actually like to see Mark start to learn how to make his change move both directions, right now his good claw change moves away from righties, I've seen Rich Harden move his both ways, i think that could be an interesting thing for Mark to try out.

Agreed, but it's hard to complain about MB's change. Vastly underrated, IMO.

I'd have to check the pitch tracking sites, but does MB get his highest % of swings and misses on his change? It sure seems that way sometimes.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
Agreed, but it's hard to complain about MB's change. Vastly underrated, IMO.

I'd have to check the pitch tracking sites, but does MB get his highest % of swings and misses on his change? It sure seems that way sometimes.

Oh im not complaining, he has one of the better changeup motions in the business and it dives away from righties. I just think that may be an adjustment he could make as he gets older.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
looking at the mariners offense it is amazing they are 6 over. just shows what good SP can do for you.

They have three above average hitters in their lineup - Ichiro, Branyan, Gutierrez.

Too bad Wakamatsu puts Branyan in the two-spot. He needs to move to the 3rd or 4th spot. He doesn't make enough contact to be in the 2-hole. Plus, why is Junior batting 4th? He should bat 6th or 7th. Jose Lopez is also a really crappy 3 hitter.

They could do better if their lineup was formatted a bit better with something along the lines of...

1. Ichiro RF

2. Lopez 2B

3. Gutierrez CF

4. Branyan 1B

5. Sweeney DH

6. Griffey LF

7. Johnson C

8. Hannahan 3B

9. Cedeno SS

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
They have three above average hitters in their lineup - Ichiro, Branyan, Gutierrez.

Too bad Wakamatsu puts Branyan in the two-spot. He needs to move to the 3rd or 4th spot. He doesn't make enough contact to be in the 2-hole. Plus, why is Junior batting 4th? He should bat 6th or 7th. Jose Lopez is also a really crappy 3 hitter.

They could do better if their lineup was formatted a bit better.

He's a terrible manager.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Easy 1-2-3 for Mark.

Has all his pitches working today. I'd actually like to see Mark start to learn how to make his change move both directions, right now his good claw change moves away from righties, I've seen Rich Harden move his both ways, i think that could be an interesting thing for Mark to try out.

That is how Harden is successful as a SP with only 2 pitches.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
He's a terrible manager.

It appears the Mariners still find ways to win with crappy managers. They won 88 games in 07 with a crappy one.